Missing OBD pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If they got the wrong connector the rest of the pins may be there and wires spliced and you could get the right connector and then wire that one in?

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I checked behind the connector and the wires are all taped up right to the plug, none are missing out of the plug or falling out. Not sure if from the factory they taped them up for that short 3” run from the main harness, it thinking they’re in there somewhere and never got plugged back in because someone didn’t know where they went on a rewire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m thinking I need to unwrap those wires and pull the cover off the main harness and see if they’re wrapped in somewhere. If I could figure out where the CCM and SIR lines originate I can trace them that way too.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good call. Gotta go exploring. If you know for sure the other connector was in there to begin with then the wires have to be there, IMO.

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what I’m really trying to get to the bottom of. I don’t know if they were there originally, but I have yet to see or hear of a truck of that series with the #8 pin missing

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That could be #8 missing if the truck was originally made with the connector in my #9 post.

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found that layout, That’s a 2002 and newer layout for the switch from VPW to CAN

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, where I found it, it was not clearly marked. Sounds like you have some exploring to do. Oh joy! :(

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157