Missing OBD pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 239995 hey guys! I have a 2000 Yukon Denali (OBS GMT400). I was going to program some new keyfobs and found out my OBD II plug is missing pins 8 and 13. Anyone else have this issue with their truck like during the body change they switched a few pins around or am I legit missing a few pins? The truck had a collision before I bought it and they did some wiring, so I’m guessing they missed a few things but wanted to check here first.
from what I am seeing just doing a little poking around pins 8 & 13 are not used

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome thanks! Is yours the Denali body style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TeaSpoon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1999-2000 gmc Denali and Cadillac Escalade keyfob program Fixed! On my body style they don’t use the 8 pin for whatever reason. The first gen Denali is an odd cat for sure. I found a premanufacture service manual for it and it had the sequence to program the fobs, which is different from the late gmt400s and also from the early gmt800s.

For anyone needing to program a first gen 1999 and 2000 GMC Denali or Cadillac Escalade here’s the sequence:

-Remove the number 17 Radio fuse from the panel on the drivers side of the dash next to the door.
-insert the key into the ignition and turn the key from off to on 3 times, the third time leaving in in the On position. This needs to be done within 5 seconds.
-the drivers door and the back window or back doors will lock and unlock to show it’s in the programming mode.
-press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the new keyfob needing to be programmed. Within 15 seconds the doors will lock and unlock showing the fob has been programmed. Repeat this last step with any additional fobs needing programmed up to 4 fobs.
Replace radio fuse and check fobs for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk