Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not. We have a call scheduled for tomorrow and I am going to request a vinview screenshot. Honestly, right now it is out of the dealers hands, and all they will be able to do is escalate to the gm regional rep- which I will recommend.

Last Tuesday I sent an email to the executive resolution team, in the email I provided my cell and got a call back today along with an email. It was all pretty generic, but I was not able to take the call as I was in a meeting at the time. Rep left his name, number and extension. I called back and left a voicemail, so no real talks yet there either. This is an excruciating process.

Wish I had more, but maybe tomorrow will give me some answers. Thought I was going to dodge this bullet since my invoice had a shipping date and estimated delivery date on it.
Going to send you a PM if you don't mind.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my salesman keeps giving us the run around. I called him Friday and asked what was the story on this week. He tells he is able to get into this program that he is not suppose to be able to. He says that they are letting 50 Vehicles get picked up by dealerships per day and what he is going to fill out the form for us and another customer and it takes 1 business day to get a pick up day and time. Well it’s been a 2 days and haven’t heard a work. Imagine that. So frustrated!!

I'm assuming this only applies if your local and your vehicle is available to ship (4000)?

Dealerships are telling us our trucks are at 4300, but internally they are at 3800 (and we have also learned that the event codes don't necessarily go in order).

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this only applies if your local and your vehicle is available to ship (4000)?

Dealerships are telling us our trucks are at 4300, but internally they are at 3800 (and we have also learned that the event codes don't necessarily go in order).

I'm sorry, but it's hard to remember who is in the same boat with me: do you have your invoice/window sticker and does your dealership/GM Chat say you're 4300 but the GM Insider "insider" told you it says 3800?

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it's hard to remember who is in the same boat with me: do you have your invoice/window sticker and does your dealership/GM Chat say you're 4300 but the GM Insider "insider" told you it says 3800?

No invoice, window sticker, or GMC.com listing. Dealer says 4300, no ETA, no VINVIEW. Linton23 said 3800 no delay no ETA. Delivered to Midlothian 4/13.

Jriggs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my first time posting, but I have been following this discussion since I am in the same boat. I cant get anywhere with my salesman. @kate_t you seem to be good at what you are doing and trying to help everyone! Thank you for that! I have no clue what I am looking at when I enter my vin, so if you would look at mine that would be awesome! Thank you! VIN: 1GKS2BKD6NR273899

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first time posting, but I have been following this discussion since I am in the same boat. I cant get anywhere with my salesman. @kate_t you seem to be good at what you are doing and trying to help everyone! Thank you for that! I have no clue what I am looking at when I enter my vin, so if you would look at mine that would be awesome! Thank you! VIN: 1GKS2BKD6NR273899

Yours went to Midlothian just after mine (a week later). You can see this info by going to http://k0jdd.netlogger.org/VehicleStatus.php

Also, you don’t appear to have a window sticker like several of us:
https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2/vehicle/windowsticker?vin=1GKS2BKD6NR273899

Attachments

• F7679C74-E529-4A54-B122-14B7F1D8E193.png
    F7679C74-E529-4A54-B122-14B7F1D8E193.png
    582 KB · Views: 8

RayRay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you to @kate_t for posting the links. The dealer has not bee helpful at all. Almost seems like they are clueless.

So far, I've been able to discover that my Event code is 3800 from GM Insider Linton, my Denali is sitting in Mid and arrived there on April 5th. I just tried the window sticker lookup but it did not return any results.

1GKS1DKL5NR263144​

Crash51730

Reaction score
I just realized that there seems to be 2 different GMC chats or something has changed with regards to them giving out event codes. I usually use the chat on the computer on the GMC website and they will give me the event code even though I have caught the code seeming to “jump” around a touch. Tonight I used my phone and used a chat that works like a text message. Tonight my status changed to the dreaded IN TRANSIT! I can only assume that means my unit got built today or Monday since I checked Friday. Here’s the interesting part. The lady absolutely would not tell me my event code under any circumstances. She said she was not allowed to. She said the dealership would have the VIN and the event code. It just seemed strange and I don’t know what circumstance brought about the change.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends what chat rep you get and what production rep they get a hold of. Some give out codes, some give excuses, and some just refuse, and some have no clue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9