Midlothian to Possession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great… I wish they would tell you why it was sitting there and how long g they expect it to be there

I called the GMC Customer Service number today and she called to get a status and she said I'm still 4300 and waiting for transport in that lot. Something still doesn't add up because I still don't have a window sticker and my salesman still doesn't have an invoice...unless that happens once the vehicle is loaded for transport...

Kaylabou

Reaction score
I called the GMC Customer Service number today and she called to get a status and she said I'm still 4300 and waiting for transport in that lot. Something still doesn't add up because I still don't have a window sticker and my salesman still doesn't have an invoice...unless that happens once the vehicle is loaded for transport...
It truly is frustrating that they can’t give us straight answers

Gstaffs23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found our car on the gmc website as “in-transit” then found the window sticker online as well. But really no help from gmc or the dealer other than, “we’ll let you know”

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. My dealer keeps saying its at 4300 and “any day now” and telling me that trucks have recently arrived without warning or updates and that they showed lesser status codes even once in their lot (to their defense, customers on this very forum have reported this happened to them)…But I agree, the absence of a window sticker is an indication there is more of an issue that just awaiting transport IMO.

It could just be not wanting to tell us that there might be a long delay, confusion or plain ignorance: the status code for missing parts should be 4D00, but it seems ill informed CS reps and salesmen are just equating everything starting with a 4 as transport.

For those on here new to the wonderful world of waiting for a GM, I suggest you browse this 728 page thread on another forum: https://www.gminsidenews.com/threads/chevrolet-order-tracking.117663/page-728 Only one conclusion: there is no way to predict if you are in for a week or a year.

Again, we all get it, GM is not alone, it’s a logistical mess out there, but they could and should be able to tell us if our cars are delayed weeks, a few months or 6 months+ and why – just so we can plan. I have no idea if it will give me anything, but I e-mailed the GM CEO a few days ago (as many did before) asking just this. I hope one of her staffers will be able to give me a clear reason and an estimate. If any of you want to try: [email protected]

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. My dealer keeps saying its at 4300 and “any day now” and telling me that trucks have recently arrived without warning or updates and that they showed lesser status codes even once in their lot (to their defense, customers on this very forum have reported this happened to them)…But I agree, the absence of a window sticker is an indication there is more of an issue that just awaiting transport IMO.

It could just be not wanting to tell us that there might be a long delay, confusion or plain ignorance: the status code for missing parts should be 4D00, but it seems ill informed CS reps and salesmen are just equating everything starting with a 4 as transport.

For those on here new to the wonderful world of waiting for a GM, I suggest you browse this 728 page thread on another forum: https://www.gminsidenews.com/threads/chevrolet-order-tracking.117663/page-728 Only one conclusion: there is no way to predict if you are in for a week or a year.

Again, we all get it, GM is not alone, it’s a logistical mess out there, but they could and should be able to tell us if our cars are delayed weeks, a few months or 6 months+ and why – just so we can plan. I have no idea if it will give me anything, but I e-mailed the GM CEO a few days ago (as many did before) asking just this. I hope one of her staffers will be able to give me a clear reason and an estimate. If any of you want to try: [email protected]
That forum is where I learned my status is 3800 as opposed to 4300 like the GMC Chat and dealership is saying...and it makes MORE sense with it at 3800 since there's been no invoice issued yet (that comes at status 4150...

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer reached out to me, I have to say they are doing a great job under the circumstances. Reading how others here are kept in the dark, I feel very lucky with the service they are providing.

My Denali XL’s status changed from 4300 to 4B00. Still no window sticker, VinView still doesn’t work. They were honest and say they have no idea what it means (in this case) – I showed them JC still shows it in Midlothian with no change and asked if they could ask their GM rep. They did and they are expecting an answer tomorrow.

Anyone else in the Midlothian club get an update? @slade45 , @kate_t will you be pinging your dealers tomorrow?

Last edited:

Rradford45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer reached out to me, I have to say they are doing a great job under the circumstances. Reading how others here are kept in the dark, I feel very lucky with the service they are providing.

My Denali XL’s status changed from 4300 to 4B00. Still no window sticker, VinView still doesn’t work. They were honest and say they have no idea what it means (in this case) – I showed them JC still shows it in Midlothian with no change and asked if they could ask their GM rep. They did and they are expecting an answer tomorrow.

Anyone else in the Midlothian club get an update? @slade45 , @kate_t will you be pinging your dealers tomorrow?
Still no updates. Been sitting in Midlothian since 4/13

Keg0brew

Reaction score
Mine has been there since end of March. Dealer isn’t sure but thinks it’s chips related. Say they have called GM multiple times and have not received a straight answer.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes. I have been told that Thursday is the day to check in and it seems like the day I usually get an update from my salesman.

I do plan to reach out tomorrow and I will let you know.

slade45

Reaction score

Yep - expecting an update today or tomorrow. I'll share what I hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travisryan78