Mid-Length Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GolfEsq

Reaction score
Would GM ever consider making a mid-length Yukon somewhere in between the SWB and the XL? Maybe 214" in length or so. On two separate occasions, people have told me that they went with other vehicles over the Yukon/Yukon XL because they thought the SWB version's third row seat was too uncomfortable and the XL was too unwieldy in parking lots. A vehicle that is 10 inches longer would presumably be able to create some foot room in the third row in front of the rear axle and would be more manageable than an XL.

Obviously this is a huge hypothetical scenario but hey...they sell enough of these things so don't know if it would hurt to offer another size.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The XL does fine in parking g lots. Just have to get used to it and know where your corners are.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something some european company would do. The XL is fine in parking lots... drive a crew cab dually that has a crappie turning radius and you'll love an XL

OP
OP
G

GolfEsq

Reaction score
Sounds like something some european company would do. The XL is fine in parking lots... drive a crew cab dually that has a crappie turning radius and you'll love an XL

Incidentally, both of those other folks went with European SUVs (GL and a used RR). But not sure why everyone is refuting the obvious. The XL IS tough to maneuver in tight parking lots and urban environments. Easier than a HD truck? Of course. But way tougher than some of the larger crossovers from which GM is trying to steal business.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, both of those other folks went with European SUVs (GL and a used RR).

That's irrelevant to the question you asked ... my full size RR is smaller than the SWB GMT900/K2XX, and so is the GL series. So it's not like the reason to buy is because it slots tween the SWB and LWB size wise.

OP
OP
G

GolfEsq

Reaction score
That's irrelevant to the question you asked ... my full size RR is smaller than the SWB GMT900/K2XX, and so is the GL series. So it's not like the reason to buy is because it slots tween the SWB and LWB size wise.

Irrelevant? Now this is just a wild guess but perhaps maybe they got cars smaller than what they actually wanted.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
themisanthropicvirginsleavetheirdwellingsanddateAre_00d62ba798b8ab1b15244246d986c0ee_zps65db13d8.gif

They got a smaller car than a SWB K2XX because they couldn't find a K2XX with a size tween the SWB and the LWB?

That makes zero sense ... obviously they got those SUVs for completely different reasons, hence why their choice is completely irrelevant to your thread question.

Oh and not for nothing ... but if a person can't handle parking a LWB K2XX even with all the tech nannies helping them, then a few inches off the back isn't going to help them either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GolfEsq

Reaction score
themisanthropicvirginsleavetheirdwellingsanddateAre_00d62ba798b8ab1b15244246d986c0ee_zps65db13d8.gif

They got a smaller car than a SWB K2XX because they couldn't find a K2XX with a size tween the SWB and the LWB?

That makes zero sense ... obviously they got those SUVs for completely different reasons, hence why their choice is completely irrelevant to your thread question.

Oh and not for nothing ... but if a person can't handle parking a LWB K2XX even with all the tech nannies helping them, then a few inches off the back isn't going to help them.

Your post and intellect is very disjointed. Can you seriously not conceive of a set of circumstances where this could occur? Perhaps giving a play by play will clear things up. In the case with the folks who ended up with the GL, they wanted a larger SUV with a usable third row, but thought the XL was too big. The GL has a pretty good third row and gave up some of the cargo room that they wanted to get that.

I'm sure you can now think up a scenario for why my RR buying friends did what they did.

And two+ extra feet is not a "few inches." In urban environments, that could easily be the difference between squeezing into the one parking spot that's available and circling around for half an hour looking for a spot.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your post and intellect is very disjointed. Can you seriously not conceive of a set of circumstances where this could occur? Perhaps giving a play by play will clear things up. In the case with the folks who ended up with the GL, they wanted a larger SUV with a usable third row, but thought the XL was too big. The GL has a pretty good third row and gave up some of the cargo room that they wanted to get that.

I'm sure you can now think up a scenario for why my RR buying friends did what they did.

And two+ extra feet is not a "few inches." In urban environments, that could easily be the difference between squeezing into the one parking spot that's available and circling around for half an hour looking for a spot.

Dude, before you start questioning other people's logic and intellect get your facts straight rather than just throwing poorly reasoned arguments and personal insults around.

Investigate outside dimensions of each vehicle you just mentioned, interior cargo area in cubic feet with or without the third row folded up, leg room etc. Since you brought all of this up you do the looking up ... I'll give you a hint tho, none of what you say makes any sense on any level, in fact everything you say defeats your own argument.

Sheesh!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz