Mid-Length Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GolfEsq

Reaction score
Dude, before you start questioning other people's logic and intellect get your facts straight rather than just throwing poorly reasoned arguments and personal insults around.

Investigate outside dimensions of each vehicle you just mentioned, interior cargo area in cubic feet with or without the third row folded up, leg room etc. Since you brought all of this up you do the looking up ... I'll give you a hint tho, none of what you say makes any sense on any level, in fact everything you say defeats your own argument.

Sheesh!

You post a mocking .gif first and then accuse me of throwing personal insults?

I wasn't going to read the rest of your post beyond that because I was certain you missed my point again. But then I did read it and confirmed my suspicion. It appears that your talent is adding quippy one liners about how others' points are irrelevant and self-defeating, but it's clear from the substance of what you say that true, actual comprehension is lacking. In fact, I just re-read your post as I am typing this and the degree to which you failed to understand my point is astounding.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You post a mocking .gif first and then accuse me of throwing personal insults?

I wasn't going to read the rest of your post beyond that because I was certain you missed my point again. But then I did read it and confirmed my suspicion. It appears that your talent is adding quippy one liners about how others' points are irrelevant and self-defeating, but it's clear from the substance of what you say that true, actual comprehension is lacking. In fact, I just re-read your post as I am typing this and the degree to which you failed to understand my point is astounding.

Mmm, you can flail and protest all you want, but your point is hardly beyond anyone's grasp.

Your original question was as simple as it was ridiculous, namely a query as to whether GM is going to build a full size SUV who's dimensions are to be between the SWB and LWB, you know because that's what car manufacturers do, build more than two sizes of any given vehicle for those folks who's requirements are so rigidly fractional between the two that they want neither. And this because apparently the third row seat in the K2XX is 'uncomfortable' and that that would be remedied by a third middle ground version.

And then you proceeded to say in the same thread that the folks who relayed this to you went ahead and bought a Range Rover and a GL instead. First things first, the Range Rover doesn't even offer a third row seat, so that right there shows the level of your argument and the information upon which it is based. The GL, a smaller vehicle than the K2XX SWB has even less cargo volume and third row seating is even more cramped, so again, as I stated earlier (and you took exception to it) if they chose the GL (which is a fine vehicle in its own right) it's got nothing to do with third row space.

Now I suppose you could make the argument that the GL 3rd row seats (not the RR ones cause ya know, they don't exist) are very comfy, that's fine, then the thread should be why can't the third row seat be more comfy and not should GM make an in-between sized vehicle.

Bored now.

OP
OP
G

GolfEsq

Reaction score
Mmm, you can flail and protest all you want, but your point is hardly beyond anyone's grasp.

Your original question was as simple as it was ridiculous, namely a query as to whether GM is going to build a full size SUV who's dimensions are to be between the SWB and LWB, you know because that's what car manufacturers do, build more than two sizes of any given vehicle for those folks who's requirements are so rigidly fractional between the two that they want neither. And this because apparently the third row seat in the K2XX is 'uncomfortable' and that that would be remedied by a third middle ground version.

And then you proceeded to say in the same thread that the folks who relayed this to you went ahead and bought a Range Rover and a GL instead. First things first, the Range Rover doesn't even offer a third row seat, so that right there shows the level of your argument and the information upon which it is based. The GL, a smaller vehicle than the K2XX SWB has even less cargo volume and third row seating is even more cramped, so again, as I stated earlier )and you took exception to it) if they chose the GL it's got nothing to do with third row space.

Now I suppose you could make the argument that the GL seats (not the RR ones cause ya know, they don't exist) are very comfy, that's fine, then the thread should be why can't the third row seat be more comfy and not should GM make an in-between sized vehicle.

Bored now.

<Sigh> Again you missed my point. But it's the fact that you think you got it that's the most troubling part. Keep with the cute, vapid and substance-less retorts. It suits you far better. When you try to put coherent sentences together, it gets really comical.

For example, let's try your hand at simple facts. 2014 GL third row legroom - 35.0 inches. Yukon is 24.8 and 34.5. Why do you think that the GL's third row is even more cramped than the little Yukon? I've sat in all three and I can tell you that for tall folks like me (6'2"), the GL is probably the most comfortable.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So apples to oranges really...

and I simply compare it to a HD truck and that's not good. Heck I never knew the SWB or LWB were "crossover" suvs.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see we conveniently ignored the whole 'RR has no third row so I was talking out of my poohole when I said that' element. Okay, prolly for the best.

As far as this gem:

For example, let's try your hand at simple facts. 2014 GL third row legroom - 35.0 inches. Yukon is 24.8 and 34.5. Why do you think that the GL's third row is even more cramped than the little Yukon? I've sat in all three and I can tell you that for tall folks like me (6'2"), the GL is probably the most comfortable.

Let's try and conceive of world that exists in three dimensional space in which humans occupy space in more than one direction. Leg room is but one of three dimensions that makes for occupant available space. So to answer you question ... I know that the GL's third row is more cramped than that of the SWB K2XX, not because I sat in one (although I've sat in several), but because simple physics dictates so. Just because YOU 'feel' more comfortable doesn't mean it is more spacious, it doesn't even mean it is more comfortable, it just means you prefer it.

The GL, RR, and K2XX SUVs are completely different in how they are built and what their intended purpose is. The GL has more interior rear space relative to its overall size because it doesn't have to accomodate a SRA, but it still has less cargo volume from the 1st row back than the K2XX. Just another reason of many why your original question and ensuing comments are unrelated and poorly reasoned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GolfEsq

Reaction score
So apples to oranges really...

and I simply compare it to a HD truck and that's not good. Heck I never knew the SWB or LWB were "crossover" suvs.

No one said that the Yukon was a crossover SUV.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I see we conveniently ignored the whole RR has no third row so I was talking out of my poohole when I said that element. Okay, prolly for the best.

As far as this gem:

Let's try conceive of world that exists in three dimensional space in which humans occupy space in more than one direction. Leg room is but one of three dimensions that makes for occupant available space. So to answer you question ... I know that the GL's third row is more cramped than that of the SWB K2XX, not because I sat in one (although I've sat in several), but because simple physics dictates so. Just because you 'feel' more comfortable doesn't mean it is more spacious.

The GL, RR, and K2XX SUVs are completely different in what they are built for and what their intended purpose is. The GL has more interior rear space relative to its overall size because it doesn't have to accomodate a SRA, but it still has less cargo volume from the 1st row back than the K2XX. Just another reason of many why your original question and ensuing comments are unrelated and poorly reasoned.

Unless you're under 5'4" (which would explain a lot), I can't imagine how you would find the little Yukon's third row more comfortable. Your knees are up against your chest back there. And for the record the GL has more third row head room than the Yukon. The Yukon's specs say more shoulder room, but I suspect that has a lot to do with the fact that it is three seats (as opposed to two) back there.

As for the RR, I bet if you put your thinking cap on you can come up with something. I'm tired of doing the step by step with you. Enjoy your weekend.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the RR, I bet if you put your thinking cap on you can come up with something. I'm tired of doing the step by step with you. Enjoy your weekend.

You're right, I bought one just so I can pwn you ... cause you're just that important.

Enjoy your weekend, better luck next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts