MDI for Park Assist, Side Detection, and Front Camera Service Messages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digsub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the Side Detection sensor in passenger side rear bumper and Rear Bumper Harness that were damaged by heat above broken tail pipe in my 2016 Yukon SLT.

Park Assist, Side Detection, and Front Camera service messages persist on my DIC (even after I disconnected the battery for a bit).

Would this MDI clone or another method reset these codes? https://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/wifi-gm-mdi-2-diagnostic-tool-sp163-e.html

Any specific advice to avoid more $$$ hijinks greatly appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the Side Detection sensor in passenger side rear bumper and Rear Bumper Harness that were damaged by heat above broken tail pipe in my 2016 Yukon SLT.

Park Assist, Side Detection, and Front Camera service messages persist on my DIC (even after I disconnected the battery for a bit).

Would this MDI clone or another method reset these codes? https://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/wifi-gm-mdi-2-diagnostic-tool-sp163-e.html

Any specific advice to avoid more $$$ hijinks greatly appreciated.
not completely sure but the sensor you replaced might need to be programmed, I'm thinking not but it's possible, it's also possible if the wiring melted enough it could have caused a short or blew a fuse, I would check every fuse to be sure, easy to do with a meter just touch the outer tabs with the probes. also double check any harness you plugged in to see if there are bent pins or bad connection

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also the mid tool will show/reset codes & program, the catch is the software requirement, you can either try and get the hacked software or pay the subscription cost they have options, none are necessarily "cheap". programming would require a paid fee no matter what.

OP
OP
D

digsub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Woohoo... I checked fuses as suggested (thank you Doubeleive!) and found blown 28 (pic). Now I'm down to Side Detection Service message, which I suspect he's also right about, needs programming. Anyone know how to do this without a dealer?PXL_20220423_120700067.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442