2016 Press Release Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamd1719

Reaction score
Updates

anyone know carplay for 2015i
if the lane departure is now active i hope its not like ACC on denali

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if appleplay will be an upgradeable item for the IntelliLink

I think we've discussed this in other threads. It's probably possible but, after buying all the necessary upgrades and paying for someone to do all the programming you would likely be better off just taking in and buying a new one.

malba2366

Reaction score
I wonder if appleplay will be an upgradeable item for the IntelliLink

I would not count on carplay being something that can be added with a simple software flash. A lot of apples integration thus far including airplay and homekit have required special chips in them to allow for integration with the service. If carplay is something you really want in a car then I would recommend waiting for GMC to add the feature...that is what I am doing.
I think I read that chevy is adding carplay to their 7 inch systems later this year and their 8 inch systems in 2016...I am sure GMC will be the same.

OP
OP
J

JohnC

Reaction score
I would not count on carplay being something that can be added with a simple software flash. A lot of apples integration thus far including airplay and homekit have required special chips in them to allow for integration with the service. If carplay is something you really want in a car then I would recommend waiting for GMC to add the feature...that is what I am doing.
I think I read that chevy is adding carplay to their 7 inch systems later this year and their 8 inch systems in 2016...I am sure GMC will be the same.

So would all 2016MY yukon's have the 8 inch systems??

Thanks.

malba2366

Reaction score
So would all 2016MY yukon's have the 8 inch systems??

Thanks.

I believe all of the 2015 tahoes/yukons have the 8 inch system. According to reports Chevy will be upgrading the system sometime in 2016 to work with carplay.

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly where's my 2500 diesel...

still waiting...

Stop waiting and get to building (or have one built) It is a fairly common swap in NBS and NNBS (2000-2014). Going this route gets you all the true HD stuff and no detuned diesel tied to a non Allison transmission. I love my 2005.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop waiting and get to building (or have one built) It is a fairly common swap in NBS and NNBS (2000-2014). Going this route gets you all the true HD stuff and no detuned diesel tied to a non Allison transmission. I love my 2005.

for 25k plus my truck for a used duramax/allison and the swap via duraburb I'll pass.

taking a 20k truck throwing 25 into it I won't have anything near 45k.

So said screw it leveled it redid the front end/suspension, put a 6k stereo into it, have a 2300 blower sitting ready to go in (when I get my vette off the lift) and a 6L80 at my buddys shop thats getting swapped in after the blower is sorted out.

Decided the fiance is getting a new denali or escalade XL ( I screwed up and let her see the caddys which of course means 85K vs 75k) I'll keep my pig going for a few years and take hers when its not as new/pretty.

of course my best friend said he just got the tuner in for his ecodiesel jeep.....that bumps it to 500-550 ft lbs out of a 3.0 6.....he's gone mopar vs GM over the diesel thing, but I haven't sold out yet, can't take the tiny size, but I'm beyond jealous. He's almost ready to dump his 05 3500 cummins and get a 1500 and tune it and not worry about towing heavy these days.

I really hope GM gets on the bandwagon and gives us some degree of oil burners in our SUV's, a baby in a 1500 and a duramax in a 2500 would be great options for everyone depending on application.

Last edited:

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for 25k plus my truck for a used duramax/allison and the swap via duraburb I'll pass.

taking a 20k truck throwing 25 into it I won't have anything near 45k.

So said screw it leveled it redid the front end/suspension, put a 6k stereo into it, have a 2300 blower sitting ready to go in (when I get my vette off the lift) and a 6L80 at my buddys shop thats getting swapped in after the blower is sorted out.

Decided the fiance is getting a new denali or escalade XL ( I screwed up and let her see the caddys which of course means 85K vs 75k) I'll keep my pig going for a few years and take hers when its not as new/pretty.

of course my best friend said he just got the tuner in for his ecodiesel jeep.....that bumps it to 500-550 ft lbs out of a 3.0 6.....he's gone mopar vs GM over the diesel thing, but I haven't sold out yet, can't take the tiny size, but I'm beyond jealous. He's almost ready to dump his 05 3500 cummins and get a 1500 and tune it and not worry about towing heavy these days.

I really hope GM gets on the bandwagon and gives us some degree of oil burners in our SUV's, a baby in a 1500 and a duramax in a 2500 would be great options for everyone depending on application.

How did you come up with $45k? These are being built for around $28k. $15k for good used 2500 Suburban(as long as its clean it can be high mileage), $8k for wreaked donor truck (60k miles or less) and $5k for the swap. Mines a 2005, I only had $13k in it when I did it 3 years ago. It would take a lot more than that to pry it from my clinched fist.

This is off topic for this thread. So, does anyone know when is the 8 speed going in the SLT. I just don't need the Denali and have been very happy with our 15 SLT, but the 8 speed would be a nice option for the 5.3.

topgun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll wait until I can get it in the Denali. The Escalade is a little too flashy for my tastes.

I read somewhere online recently that the 8" displays in the GMC line would have CarPlay in 2016 models. What I can't seem to find out is if it will be wireless or still require a cable once ios 9 is released in Sept.

I don't know if the wireless function has to do with the ios 9, the software in the vehicle, or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy