Max tire width, no lift/level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the max tire width for the stock 20" wheels without rubbing? With spacer?
Well, a 305 definitely worked in my case (with a 22” wheel, but that shouldn't matter). I think a 12.5” would be cutting it close for sure.

What do you mean by spacer…as in wheel spacer, or leveling spacer?

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the way those look on your Tahoe High Country. You got me thinking about doing the same on my Yukon Denali. Mine has air ride though and its pretty active. Anyone out there know if 305/45r22 works on a 2021 Tahoe/Yukon with air ride without any rubbing?
The only issue I could see slight rubbing with is possibly when down in the lowest/parked mode. Otherwise it seems like the air ride models almost sit a bit higher for the most part, at least when driving.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a 305 definitely worked in my case (with a 22” wheel, but that shouldn't matter). I think a 12.5” would be cutting it close for sure.

What do you mean by spacer…as in wheel spacer, or leveling spacer?

Wheel spacer.

handstr

Reaction score
Thinking of going 305/55r20 thoughts ? Is that too tall for stock with air ride

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. But that will be nip tuckin’ it for sure. I would guess minor rubbing on the felt fender liner at most.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am testing out the 275/50R/22 on my 22 Z71. Dealer installation. Tech said he would mount the two fronts, take it for a quick test drive with some turns of course. After that ride he will advise if there is any rubbing. If not, then he will install rear tires and call it a day. Some offset and tire size calculators seem to indicate negligible difference in width, height etc……says actual speed will be approximately .5 MPH UNDER Indicated. The wheels are a OEM replica set that was for my 21 Premier…….Same rim pattern just Black instead of Polished Aluminum. I am suspecting that even if the Z71 didn’t have a 22’ Option trims did. It is not like I am just making up a size. I don’t want any rubbing so if the 22” option doesn’t fit then back to the 20’s.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am testing out the 275/50R/22 on my 22 Z71. Dealer installation. Tech said he would mount the two fronts, take it for a quick test drive with some turns of course. After that ride he will advise if there is any rubbing. If not, then he will install rear tires and call it a day. Some offset and tire size calculators seem to indicate negligible difference in width, height etc……says actual speed will be approximately .5 MPH UNDER Indicated. The wheels are a OEM replica set that was for my 21 Premier…….Same rim pattern just Black instead of Polished Aluminum. I am suspecting that even if the Z71 didn’t have a 22’ Option trims did. It is not like I am just making up a size. I don’t want any rubbing so if the 22” option doesn’t fit then back to the 20’s.
Hmmmm, well that is factory oem size…why wouldn't they fit?

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you go with this setup please post in thread if you have any issues. My Z71 does not have adjustable air ride height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts