Max Speed Thread (Need proof)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope...mines in the cluster

03_-_05_Silverado.jpg

and the OnStar buttons are on the rear view mirror

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Frontage roads on deserted industrial parks ftw. Badass C63 btw I love those things :rocking:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I don't go to walmart, and I'm too old for that shit had enough close calls in the mustang, integra, and dsms.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 128-129mph in my '69 Mustang....that's hitting the rev limiter in 3rd (top) gear, though... It's geared for drag racing so top speeds aren't really it's forte', obviously... No working speedometer and it wouldn't be much proof to take a picture of the tach hitting redline....ha... But I just calculated the speed based on RPM, tire diameter, rear gear ratio, and transmission gear ratio... Either way, I've done it quite a few times but it's pretty f'n scary doing 130mph in a 40 year old car with a suspension set up for drag racing. It cruises along pretty at 100-105mph but starts wandering like crazy at about 110mph... Not to mention, stopping safely in a hurry is impossible in that thing. 4-wheel drum brakes withOUT power assist....Talk about standing on the brake pedal and using a death grip on the steering wheel to keep it going straight....Ha...

I bounced my '00 Ranger off the 99 mph governor quite a few times... What's the governor set at on the '07 Tahoes? I don't think I've ever taken mine up over 90-95 mph or so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qurba55