2005 Escalade ESV Gas Filling Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have seen the same video with dude dropping his tank. I took it to my mechanic because I really didn't want to drop my tank in my driveway. The shop vac thing would've saved me a couple hundred

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I had that problem once on my 2003 Tahoe and replaced the charcoal canister and vent valve, if I remember correctly, and that solved the premature gas pump cutoff. It wasn't venting well. Lately my gas guage doesn't go all the way to full until I run it, shut the car off, and run it again for some reason. It has a rebuilt instrument cluster and fuel pump. But I can live with that minor issue.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I had seen many others (there are even YT videos) drop the tank and blow the lines out via air compressor. I didn't wanna drop the tank. So I took a small funnel, shoved it into the fill neck where you would put the gas pump when fueling, put shop vac on blow side and stuck it in the funnel blowing air into the tank. I would hold it there for a 5 or 10 seconds then release and then back on. I kept doing this for a while. As you're doing this, you can actually see the tank swell, then relax, swell then relax. As I was doing this, charcoal pellets were spilling out like crazy from the evap lines going from tank to canister. I did this a few different times over the next week and eventually, no more pellets would come out. And...she started taking fuel faster than she ever had and we've owned it since 35k.
Hi, here you say "lines"... Isn't the only line from the tank going to be the fat one from the tank to canister? Line to engine and line to vent are from canister. Are they F'ed too?

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, here you say "lines"... Isn't the only line from the tank going to be the fat one from the tank to canister? Line to engine and line to vent are from canister. Are they F'ed too?
I disconnected 2 or 3 lines. All going to left (driver side) side of canister. I believe its 2 large lines and then 1 small. Can't recall off top of head. Regardless, I pulled them all loose and pushed air at the filler neck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt