Matt00 2003 Yukon build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
Just updated the profile picture with one I took about a year back, I don't have any others that are more recent yet. Right now it's sitting on 305/55/20's on some wheels that were once chrome. I spent about a month prepping them and then bedlined them and it has held up really well surprisingly. Also just to add, when I bought them I hadn't realized they were 6x135 and our GM vehicles have 6x5.5 so I screwed that up, but I fixed it by buying hubcentric converters/spacers that haven't given me any problems in the last year and a half. Plus it makes them look wider. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
matt00

matt00

Reaction score
I'd also like to add that within the last year I've pretty much only gotten the truck straight piped from the headers back. (4" pipe) I used spark plug defoulers in order to not trip a CEL and I've gotten smiles and frowns from the noise it produces haha. The tires are also very wide which is another reason I was worried about bringing it out to California with me because of the different vehicle laws but after talking to quite a few people discovered that since I'm in the Military the vehicle can stay registered back home and the emission laws don't necessarily apply, granted I can still get pulled over apparently nothing can be done. (I don't know yet because I haven't experienced myself yet.)

Things I have that I haven't installed:
Pioneer head unit
MotoFab leveling kit w/ spacers
LED headlights high/low as well as tail lights
17" light bar for the top of the grille (inside)
22" light bar for the bottom of the grille (inside)
Toggle switch for the light bars with extra switches just in case I decide to add anything extra
Fog light housing with the LED bulbs
Brake pads front/rear

At the moment I'm talking to a guy selling used Soft 8's with the circle pattern on 285/70/17 A/T's with roughly 60% tread all around. I'm more interested in the wheels and I'll be purchasing new tires for them within the next few months if I get the wheels.

I've been reading about leveling our trucks and am still confused about whether I need spacers in the rear or not? If it's going to make the ride quality better then I'd like to do it when I do the leveling kit so I can knock it out all at once. I'm going to replace the brakes when I get around to putting on the new wheels and tires so I can knock those out at the same time as well.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'd also like to add that within the last year I've pretty much only gotten the truck straight piped from the headers back. (4" pipe) I used spark plug defoulers in order to not trip a CEL and I've gotten smiles and frowns from the noise it produces haha. The tires are also very wide which is another reason I was worried about bringing it out to California with me because of the different vehicle laws but after talking to quite a few people discovered that since I'm in the Military the vehicle can stay registered back home and the emission laws don't necessarily apply, granted I can still get pulled over apparently nothing can be done. (I don't know yet because I haven't experienced myself yet.)

Things I have that I haven't installed:
Pioneer head unit
MotoFab leveling kit w/ spacers
LED headlights high/low as well as tail lights
17" light bar for the top of the grille (inside)
22" light bar for the bottom of the grille (inside)
Toggle switch for the light bars with extra switches just in case I decide to add anything extra
Fog light housing with the LED bulbs
Brake pads front/rear

At the moment I'm talking to a guy selling used Soft 8's with the circle pattern on 285/70/17 A/T's with roughly 60% tread all around. I'm more interested in the wheels and I'll be purchasing new tires for them within the next few months if I get the wheels.

I've been reading about leveling our trucks and am still confused about whether I need spacers in the rear or not? If it's going to make the ride quality better then I'd like to do it when I do the leveling kit so I can knock it out all at once. I'm going to replace the brakes when I get around to putting on the new wheels and tires so I can knock those out at the same time as well.
I really like those rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e