Massive Confusion on Shock Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at RockAuto site, there are way too many choices to choose from.

2008 Yukon SLT 2WD

My Yukon is a daily driver that I just got. The ride is real cushy, but it does have this front to back roll/wave that it does when going over uneven roads or bumps. It has 100K miles so I can't say this is the same behavior when it was new, but I doubt it.

I am looking to replace the shocks in order to firm up ride just a little. I see people talking about air ride, but have no idea what that is and whether or not my Yukon has that. I know I need shocks in the rears, but honestly, I am not certain what I need for the fronts.

I am including some pics to help identify what I have and hopefully someone more educated than my on suspension can guide me in the right direction for replacements that will improve the ride firmness.

Rear:
DSC01941_zpsdadfe6d9.jpg

Front:
DSC01943_zps65656968.jpg

DSC01944_zps46f1e43e.jpg

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You need to look in the glovebox at what RPO codes you have, then you can determine which shocks came with your truck. You can also call the dealer and give them your VIN, they can tell you exactly which part numbers you need.