Magnuson Supercharger, Valve Train and other supporting mods. 2007-2013, 5.3L Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
rather be faster of the line, plus benefits for towing

4:10 is not needed for your mod's as sustained high rpm work your SC needlessly? stick with what you have currently and see how the vehicle drives/tows and you will possibly avoid an error in ratio. Your auto trans is where i would start spending any drivetrain dollars. You are building a cool "stealth sleeper", let it relax under normal driving and than twist the driveshafts like candy canes when you downshift.

12BlackTahoe

Reaction score
My 05 Tahoe has 4.10 gears and the 5.3 is tuned by blackbear. It definitely launches off the line, but after you hit 70mph, the engine starts to scream. It runs above 2600rpm at that speed with it's 4L60 and .69 overdrive.
My 09 Tahoe has 3.42 gears and the 6.2 is tuned by blackbear. The low 1st gear ratio in the 6L80 makes it launch like it has 4.10's, and at 70mph it's only running 1800rpm with 33" tires and it's .667 overdrive.
If you are wanting to change gears, I'd recommend 3.73 gears. 4.10 gears with your 6L80 is gonna make 1st gear WAY too low and most likely useless, IMO.

That makes sense, after doing some research and reading, 3.73 would be a better choice. But he did say it's not his DD, and it's off-road vehicle.

Last edited:

12BlackTahoe

Reaction score
4:10 is not needed for your mod's as sustained high rpm work your SC needlessly? stick with what you have currently and see how the vehicle drives/tows and you will possibly avoid an error in ratio. Your auto trans is where i would start spending any drivetrain dollars. You are building a cool "stealth sleeper", let it relax under normal driving and than twist the driveshafts like candy canes when you downshift.

well, after that camshaft and full exhaust, it will be everything but a sleeper. LOL

same cam.

Last edited:

12BlackTahoe

Reaction score
Not to be a copy cat or hight jack this thread, like I have mention in my earlier post eventually be adding a blower and valve train upgrade same set up as yours, is there any way you could share your spec sheet for camshaft? and @67RS427 could i see yours? If you don't mind. Thank you guys in advance.
My tuner was asking if I can get them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be a copy cat or hight jack this thread, like I have mention in my earlier post eventually be adding a blower and valve train upgrade same set up as yours, is there any way you could share your spec sheet for camshaft? and @67RS427 could i see yours? If you don't mind. Thank you guys in advance.
My tuner was asking if I can get them.

Since you said thank you in advance, guess I could share that info, don't think it's a secret, just happened that I have a picture on my phone, BlackBear was asking for the same. All that is like black magic to me.

IMG_0801.jpeg

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member