Magnuson Supercharger, Valve Train and other supporting mods. 2007-2013, 5.3L Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure, would say around 10
That's pretty normal... My guess would be too much pressure or a TQ Management setting. I'd need to see the tune file. Contact Black Bear if they did the tune. 6L80 transmissions are a pain to tune and even harder on trucks.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty normal... My guess would be too much pressure or a TQ Management setting. I'd need to see the tune file. Contact Black Bear if they did the tune. 6L80 transmissions are a pain to tune and even harder on trucks.

cleaned TB and sent them another log, hopefully they will be able to do something with it

Edit, will try changing fluid as well

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cleaned TB and sent them another log, hopefully they will be able to do something with it

Edit, will try changing fluid as well
Make sure your overfill the transmission by an extra QT. They like extra fluid...

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your overfill the transmission by an extra QT. They like extra fluid...
ok thank you, is there any advantages of porting and polishing TB on this truck?

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Member of another forum claimed that installing TB spacer resolved his issues with hard downshifting, believe it was on trailblazer SS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700