Magneride questions HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I asked my gm dealer that same question. They gave me a BS answer about oem vehicle warranties. Mine went out at 50k miles. I ended up replacing mine with Doorman loaded struts from Rock Auto. They lasted 3 months before the lower eye slipped off the bushing sideways(both sides). I returned those to Rock auto under warranty, but they were out of the Doormans by then. I ended up ordering the FCS replacements from them for $250 ea. The quality seems to be at least as good or better than the doorman or OEM struts. They have a lifetime warrant and I'm now fast at replacing them so we will see how it goes. I bought this 2020 yukon xl denali new. With the amount of problems I have had with it, I will likely never buy another GM product.
HA! No offense but I have to laugh, these EXACT same issues is what I had on my Wife's Mercedes Benz GL450. The thing that is better with the GM Vehicles is that even though the shocks might leak and give a harder/stiffer ride, the Mercedes struts (Arnott) go bad and they completely deflate rendering the vehicle almost undriveable. Add the cost of a Mercedes Shock and your looking at over $800 each for the front and over $600 each for the rear not to mention the Air Compressor!
And you better know how to turn wrenches yourself because you DO NOT want the Dealer doing the work, I was quoted over $4k for them to do it!!
Turbo coolant lines, injectors, CV joints, 4 each Cam Sensors and magnets, Oil in the PCM Harness, broken radiator supports, trunk hatch release and trunk lift struts. Those are the the parts that I had to replace on that car and trust me when I say that Mercedes Benz parts ain't cheap!! Plus the little ******** things that are broken or worn that I just couldn't justify spending the money on replacing. That car was a Money pit, screw the high monthly payment, the cost of upkeep was in the 3 - 5 thousand range every year and that was me doing the work.
I bought a '17 Yukon XL Denali to replace the Mercedes, even if I replace the parts on this thing it will be 1/3 the cost, plus I can get them at O'Reilly's or RockAuto.
I got buddies of mine at Church that bought their wife's big SUV's and all of them express concerns about the quality of their vehicle. Only one guy, our Preacher, who has a 92 4Runner is the only one who doesn't have any problems with the SUV. I'm not sure its the quality of the vehicle or if God lets him drive it worry free since he's the Preacher!!

Drive it, wash it, fix it, repeat and enjoy!

Chad

gnx7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my buddy had a GL450 and had to replace the air ride suspension 3x at around $4500 a pop. After the factory parts were replaced with OEM they only lasted a couple years after that and weren't covered. I have a '17 Yukon Denali and I'm having to replace the rear MagRide as they are leaking/frozen in place. It rides awful on any road that isn't smooth out back.

ss4chad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GNX7, damm dude! You got quite the stable in your barn. Lots of Ponies in there!!
You just became my new best online friend!

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts