Strutmasters Magneride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

joshuaryan

Reaction score
I replaced the front megneto ride struts on my wife's 2020 yukon with the loaded Dorman replacements. I thought this was the best choice based on a lot of research. The lower eyes moved sideways off the bushings in under 3 months. I ended up sending them back to rock auto for a warranty replacement. Of course, the doormans were out of stock. I ended up ordering the loaded FCS ones for about $250 each. The quality seemed as good or better than the doormans. I haven't had them very long, but so far they work like they should. They have a lifetime warranty and they install in under an hour, so we will see how it goes.
That's good to hear, I'm leaning toward the FCS shocks for front and rear. Both have lifetime warranty and are a bargain price right now. Strangely, RockAuto lists FCS in the original ride quality grouping on the site where-as Dorman is sitting in the Economy category. Not sure how they grade those but found that interesting.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Strutmaster aka: strutdisasters uses all their own parts, paint and recycled bodies. By stuffing an OEM body with a generic Chinese made, inferior hydraulic strut they prey on owners looking for a quick, cheap way out.

Their warranty is what it says and is also what it doesn’t disclose. If… you can get a RMA # from them for a return, you pay return shipping, a restocking fee as well as shipping on the replacement struts. This ensures they profit 2x off your pain, plus they rebuild the junk you just sent back for the next poor sucker.

Check out the BBB website to see all their horror stories and how they wasted peoples time, money and hope filled false promises.

Guess what, the other companies that offer the same thing with a price too good to be true, it’s too good to be true. So far, Dorman, Arnott & OEM are the only worthy options. Recently Arnott went to a 2 year warranty from a lifetime warranty. I believe Dorman is still lifetime and OEM is still lifetime.

Don’t support the racket StrutDisasters creates with the hatred of GM’s z55/z95 system. It drives people to run resistors from hobbyist grade projects trying to bypass the dash warnings of disconnected suspension.

Hope this helps everyone. BTW the holidays are coming. That’s when GM & others put these on sale and/or ship free.

Last edited:

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Make sure you actually have magnaride. Check in the glove box, if you have Z95 suspension code or Z55
2. I just replaced my Dorman magnaride complete struts with KYB Monotube Max complete struts. No, they are not magnaride, I had to use plug ins, into the strut harness plug, to avoid Check Suspension light.
Truck rides absolutely perfect!! And that's just for $500 plus for two front struts!

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the front megneto ride struts on my wife's 2020 yukon with the loaded Dorman replacements. I thought this was the best choice based on a lot of research. The lower eyes moved sideways off the bushings in under 3 months. I ended up sending them back to rock auto for a warranty replacement. Of course, the doormans were out of stock. I ended up ordering the loaded FCS ones for about $250 each. The quality seemed as good or better than the doormans. I haven't had them very long, but so far they work like they should. They have a lifetime warranty and they install in under an hour, so we will see how it goes.
how are these FCS fronts working out so far?
I just put a set of FCS on son's 3 series, and they greatly improved the ride as his were totally blown - cheap too from Rock Auto. His car rides better than mine now. How are the FCS holding up on the Yukon? You get any codes on the dash? I would pay for OEM, but I really don't want to disassemble the front strut/wire harness...

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strutmaster aka: strutdisasters uses all their own parts, paint and recycled bodies. By stuffing an OEM body with a generic Chinese made, inferior hydraulic strut they prey on owners looking for a quick, cheap way out.

Their warranty is what it says and is also what it doesn’t disclose. IFF … you can get a RMA # from them for a return, you pay return shipping, a restocking fee as well as shipping on the replacement struts. This ensures they profit 2x off your pain, plus they rebuild the junk you just sent back for the next poor sucker.

Check out the BBB website to see all their horror stories and how they wasted peoples time, money and hope filled false promises.

Guess what, the other companies that offer the same thing with a price too good to be true, it’s too good to be true. So far, Dorman, Arnott & OEM are the only worthy options. Recently Arnott went to a 2 year warranty from a lifetime warranty. I believe Dorman is still lifetime and OEM is still lifetime.

Don’t support the racket StrutDisasters creates with the hatred of GM’s z55/z95 system. It drives people to run resistors from hobbyist grade projects trying to bypass the dash warnings of disconnected suspension.

Hope this helps everyone. BTW the holidays are coming. That’s when GM & others put these on sale and/or ship free.
Would someone please explain what this forum has against the 'Helpful check mark' smiley?
Even loving this post feels like damning it by too faint praise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar