Strutmasters Magneride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaryan

Reaction score
Anyone out there gone with the Strutmasters Magneride shocks over OEM? I just spoke with them on the phone and they told me they manufacture all their parts and are not remanufactured. This also comes with the complete strut assembly up front which might save me some $$ on labor. I'm looking to replace the shocks all around as it has 108k on it and I believe they are stock shocks.
Vehicle is a 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV. Currently rides like a dump truck
OEM from RockAuto is coming out at around 1763 but is not a complete assembly up front and the strutmasters kit delivered to door is 1488.

Thanks in advance!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnotts are not much more. Replacement of all 4 @ $15XX ballpark depending on if you go with a complete assembled front strut or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joshuaryan

Reaction score
I looked at the Arnott's and was going to order those but I'm struggling to find them in stock anywhere. RockAuto has them on backorder.

OP
OP
J

joshuaryan

Reaction score
Ok, so apparently I was searching on the wrong model number. I'm ordering the OEM shocks for the rear (same price as Arnott and it says they are lifetime warranty) and Arnott loaded shocks for the front with the 2yr warranty. As you all called out, slightly more but I don't want to chance it. Anything else I should replace/repair while this job is being done? I'm ordering brake pads all around. Anything else?

OP
OP
J

joshuaryan

Reaction score
Scratch that, I thought I was getting active replacements for front but the are passive...soooo...back to searching for parts. I need a loaded strut, I don't have a spring compressor. MR3840 out of stock everywhere I look.

OP
OP
J

joshuaryan

Reaction score
Did you do a Google search for that part #.
Yes, been searching for the past 2 days. While some sites show that they have it, delivery is a month out or more..or, the ones that do have it are charging close to 1k per strut.

Carlson1038

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the front megneto ride struts on my wife's 2020 yukon with the loaded Dorman replacements. I thought this was the best choice based on a lot of research. The lower eyes moved sideways off the bushings in under 3 months. I ended up sending them back to rock auto for a warranty replacement. Of course, the doormans were out of stock. I ended up ordering the loaded FCS ones for about $250 each. The quality seemed as good or better than the doormans. I haven't had them very long, but so far they work like they should. They have a lifetime warranty and they install in under an hour, so we will see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts