Magneride questions HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnSc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*UPDATE* I’m just gathering this info as I go on, most of these replacements are only to bypass the magneride feature, I spoke to arnott today, they sell both OEM parts that are slightly cheaper than the dealer that are fully functionable with magneride and ones that bypass the feature, both are pretty up there in cost, is the anyone that has replaced these with a different company that saved you money that are oem and not bypassing the magneride feature? As stated arnott sells them but most are on back order or super expensive

*original* Need some quick help, need a non dealer replacement parts for magneride shocks on a 2015 tahoe ltz, looking to replace all 4 front and rear, I see these cheap ones on eBay and Amazon and very worried about them, don’t want to deal with a service light or anything, anyone know a cheap replacement that works well and don’t throw up those codes? Any help would be great cause these things are toast and I’m afraid to drive it any longer, that’s another question, I’m I in any real danger driving it as is for the time being? Hearing lots of rattling and clunk noises, Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
Yeah, you're going to get 4 suspension module codes and a constant nag screen. It won't set the engine light.

When I replaced my shocks I messed up a connector and reversed the wires and I'm too lazy to fix it. I had the engine out two weeks ago, I still didn't fix it. That's low low on the list it is. Maybe next week. I just fixed the GPS antenna after 5 years.

Here's an amazon link for the parts.

OP
OP
S

ShawnSc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, you're going to get 4 suspension module codes and a constant nag screen. It won't set the engine light.

When I replaced my shocks I messed up a connector and reversed the wires and I'm too lazy to fix it. I had the engine out two weeks ago, I still didn't fix it. That's low low on the list it is. Maybe next week. I just fixed the GPS antenna after 5 years.

Here's an amazon link for the parts.

I’ve heard terrible reviews on this nerssery (not sure the name) people say they always trip the sensors and they need to be replaced in a year, I’m new to this whole situation, mine has 80k on it and they been leaking since probably 50k, such a terrible design, I’m finding out now arnott is a trusted brand, but they sell two, one that bypasses the magneride and one that is OEM, both are pretty expensive, I’m just very confused the route to go with this, and really don’t want to spend a whole lot of money

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
I’ve heard terrible reviews on this nerssery (not sure the name) people say they always trip the sensors and they need to be replaced in a year, I’m new to this whole situation, mine has 80k on it and they been leaking since probably 50k, such a terrible design, I’m finding out now arnott is a trusted brand, but they sell two, one that bypasses the magneride and one that is OEM, both are pretty expensive, I’m just very confused the route to go with this, and really don’t want to spend a whole lot of money
Yea, someone here said they got around the magna ride.. I think it's annoying and unnecessary but I'm keeping mine whole. I'd even replace the DOD parts if it didn't just cost me like $6k in parts. I've been scorned..

After all the problems I've had with my Yukon, I bought into the dealership level diagnostics.. I don't have to guess anymore.

Here are the part #'s you need. The top two most expensive parts; as usual, are correct.

Parts
OEM PART #
PRICE
Front Suspension

Suspension Components

Strut

With Magneride Package
Left
3 - Code 6h4, 6na, 6zc, 6zn
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 6hd, 6na, 6nb, 6nc
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 6nb, 6nc, 6nd, 6nt
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 6nd, 6nt, 6nu, 6pa
Order By Spring Code.
Right
3 - Code 7h4
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7hd, 7na, 7nb, 7nc
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7nb, 7nc, 7nd, 7nt
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7nd, 7nt, 7nu, 7pa
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7nm,7nn,7np,7nr
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7sb,7sc,7sd
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7sw,7su,7st
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7ta,7sz,7sy,7sx
Order By Spring Code.
3 - Code 7wn,7wr,7ws
Order By Spring Code.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Something important has been left out regarding cutting the nuts off the z95 suspension. Both Arnott & GM are manufactured by BMI and have different labels. Both carry a lifetime warranty which is unheard of in active suspension vehicles. Arnott also sells their own reman parts but I am referring only to the new, OEM they sell.

Do Not abandon the z95 OEM system or you’ll be chasing DTC for the life of the vehicle, have subpar performance and realize it’s truly pay now or pay more later. The pain of discipline lasts a short time. The pain of regret lasts a lifetime.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that up. That’s a bummer. It also now affects the prev Gen trucks too. I’m sure GM will follow on this eventually but for now the lifetime warranty is on GM OEM only.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a bummer. How long has GM had the lifetime warranty? If that's the case why aren't the factory installed magnarides covered as lifetime warranty?

Carlson1038

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I asked my gm dealer that same question. They gave me a BS answer about oem vehicle warranties. Mine went out at 50k miles. I ended up replacing mine with Doorman loaded struts from Rock Auto. They lasted 3 months before the lower eye slipped off the bushing sideways(both sides). I returned those to Rock auto under warranty, but they were out of the Doormans by then. I ended up ordering the FCS replacements from them for $250 ea. The quality seems to be at least as good or better than the doorman or OEM struts. They have a lifetime warrant and I'm now fast at replacing them so we will see how it goes. I bought this 2020 yukon xl denali new. With the amount of problems I have had with it, I will likely never buy another GM product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660