LS Swapped 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docrocket1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post. just picked up a 5.3 swapped two door and i cant find hardly any answers to the questions im looking for.

Question 1
Was barn doors/tailgate available every year on tahoes. Was one an option over the other? I googled several years of them and seems all years had both options.

Question 2

Looking for oem black door panels, did they ever make the tahoes with black interiors? Cant even seem to find several pictures of different tahoes with them. If i see a pic of black door panels it looks like someone made it that way later.

Question 3
Where can i find new door panels, LMC truck doesnt seem to carry them. Dont really want to buy coverlay aftermarket panels.

Thanks for any help

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems both rears were available at least from 95 - 99. I have never seen a black interior. Let see some pics of your ride, wish mine had a ls!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy new door panels?

I’d bet that they are discontinued by now, but it wouldn’t hurt to contact a dealer and see if they can do a parts search. Original colors were red, blue, tan and gray. Your original interior color code will be on the RPO label in your glovebox. 95 may have had a darker tan than the later years but I’m not 100% on that.

1cf661e69257d558cd4af16a48db4a39.jpg

Otherwise, a salvage yard or eBay would be your best bet if you don’t want a coverlay version.

Car-part.com is a search engine for local salvage yards and can be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:To the forum Doc from Georgia Dawg country, that is one sweet ride, just the right amount of mods. As for the door trim panels, call a salvage yard and ask them how far back OBS doors are the same ? I know they did change the front sheet metal (side marker lamps) but the doors were interchangeable, what years I'm not certain. LMC only list 92-99 frt.doors are all interchangeable, further back maybe ??
BTW, that's are sharp looking hood, is it a Goodmark brand ? Good luck to you.
David g..........:2cents:

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy new door panels?
New rear door panels aren't going to be an easy find. If you are looking for fronts, any 95-99 Chevy/GMC truck/Burban/Tahoe/Yukon will match them. Rear door panels are available if you can find a barn door Tahoe/Yukon/Burban. Go to your local LKQ yard or salvage yard. I grabbed a nice set of front door panels from my local LKQ for like $50 all together or something cheap like that. If you see a 2 door hit your local yard, go rob everything you need off of it. These trucks rarely hit the salvage yard. And car-part.com is a great source but you'll pay more as they pull the part for you. And awesome job finding an LS swapped 2 door. My kid wanted me to LS swap mine badly, but we dropped a crate motor in it. Great looking truck, welcome to the group and the 2dr Nation.

OP
OP
D

Docrocket1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone and for the help. The original color was blue interior but I have decided to do the entire interior bright red but im a little hesitant. I have some carpet samples on the way right now and then I will go from there. I think bright red on white will look nice. I also considered a khaki/tan color and black of course but I want something a little different and eye catching. The mirrors are ff a newer tahoe. Car-parts.com and me go way back so Ill give that a try. Again thank you for the welcome and I will be on here more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans