Lowering rear only on a 4X4 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been beat pretty hard here, but I'll ask again. My '09 4X4 LTZ has the same pronouced rake as all others. LTZ = Autoride. Now I'm not against lowered trucks, but the front of my truck seems pretty low already, maybe the 6.2 is heavier than the 5.3? I dunno, but being a 4X4 I don't want it lower in the front, I'd just like to get it closer to level. Can the rear go down 1-2" without shock relocators? Is there such a thing as a 1-2" (not 3-5" spring with a spacer to prop it back up) lowering spring? If anything an even softer ride would be nice. Suggestions?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been beat pretty hard here, but I'll ask again. My '09 4X4 LTZ has the same pronouced rake as all others. LTZ = Autoride. Now I'm not against lowered trucks, but the front of my truck seems pretty low already, maybe the 6.2 is heavier than the 5.3? I dunno, but being a 4X4 I don't want it lower in the front, I'd just like to get it closer to level. Can the rear go down 1-2" without shock relocators? Is there such a thing as a 1-2" (not 3-5" spring with a spacer to prop it back up) lowering spring? If anything an even softer ride would be nice. Suggestions?

Yes, you can get a lowering spring that'll bring you down level. PM NorcalSS and he'll get you fixed up and I've heard it's a pretty easy install.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, I think the 3" rear Belltech spring is just a bit too low for the LTZs, even with the 1" spacer used in the rear. So, don't get that spring.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, I think the 3" rear Belltech spring is just a bit too low for the LTZs, even with the 1" spacer used in the rear. So, don't get that spring.

You're right, and pumping up the shocks will make it ride like a tank. The short answer is no, there is no way to lower the rear 1-2", there is no such spring. I may end up having a set made, I don't like spacers and I wouldn't add an even bigger one to those springs.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have an autoride tahoe, but had a '04 w/autoride and lengthened the autoride links and was able to drop the back about a full inch. I know others who have tried this on the '07+ tahoes and it did not make any difference...worth a try though.
Also you might want to contact Pedders, they have a bunch of different spring packages or even finding some PPV(police package) rear springs or tahoe/yukon hybrid springs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any answers on what the differences are for ride height on PPV or Hybrid springs would be compared to mine. Pedders does not have a 1-2" spring and Norcal's suggestion was Beltech with two (yes two), spacers. No way. I'm shopping custom springs right now and will report back if anyone is interested.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. Although is there a difference in my 2wd LTZ vs your 4wd LTZ in height in the rear?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find any answers on what the differences are for ride height on PPV or Hybrid springs would be compared to mine. Pedders does not have a 1-2" spring and Norcal's suggestion was Beltech with two (yes two), spacers. No way. I'm shopping custom springs right now and will report back if anyone is interested.

Whoa! In my experience, the one 1" spacer didn't quite do the trick. Still had to let air in the shocks, and then the ride was not the best. But 2 spacers? No, no, no.

I just had enough messing with the rear and autoride, so that's why I'm up an inch in the front instead of continuing with the perfect drop. I think the truck looks great with the 1" lift in front (it's really all about fixing the disparity in the wheel gaps -- not just lowering the truck -- in my opinion).

Keep us posted on what you find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65