Lowering rear only on a 4X4 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. Although is there a difference in my 2wd LTZ vs your 4wd LTZ in height in the rear?

Front is 36" to the fender lip, rear is 38", but looking at the truck it looks worse. I would bet that right at 1.5" of drop would be what I'm looking for. I do not want the low in the rear look that Kirk ended up with using the Belltech springs. I'm a picky SOB.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Front is 36" to the fender lip, rear is 38", but looking at the truck it looks worse. I would bet that right at 1.5" of drop would be what I'm looking for. I do not want the low in the rear look that Kirk ended up with using the Belltech springs. I'm a picky SOB.

BELLTECH HAS the 2 inch drop springs and they have 1 inch spacers that you can cut down to make it a 1.5 drop if needed

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

also ive done autoride trucks with 2 spacers ie top and bottom of the spring and works perfectly fine.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to tell, their web site is a POS. Nice application guide for our trucks, it even lets me select 2009, LTZ, 6.2, 4WD, and even requires me to select 4D Sport Utility, then the only product that comes up for the truck is a set of 2" spindles. If there is a 1-2" spring, what is the P.N. for that? Would shock extenders still be necessary? Autoride links?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to tell, their web site is a POS. Nice application guide for our trucks, it even lets me select 2009, LTZ, 6.2, 4WD, and even requires me to select 4D Sport Utility, then the only product that comes up for the truck is a set of 2" spindles. If there is a 1-2" spring, what is the P.N. for that? Would shock extenders still be necessary? Autoride links?

Hmmm... To my understanding, the belltech shocks that he sells comes with the optional shock extenders (aka spacer? or is this something different?) that you use if you have AutoRide?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... To my understanding, the belltech shocks that he sells comes with the optional shock extenders (aka spacer? or is this something different?) that you use if you have AutoRide?

Shock extenders are not spacers -- they're brackets that relocate the bottom of the shock's mounting point back and down (so that the length the shock travels is still the same as stock). The spacer in the kit is a spring spacer (that keeps the truck from dropping the amount of the spacer).

I don't think relocators/extenders are necessary for 1" -- but I'd say they are for 2" drops. The ride will be much better with the relocators.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shock extenders are not spacers -- they're brackets that relocate the bottom of the shock's mounting point back and down (so that the length the shock travels is still the same as stock). The spacer in the kit is a spring spacer (that keeps the truck from dropping the amount of the spacer).

I don't think relocators/extenders are necessary for 1" -- but I'd say they are for 2" drops. The ride will be much better with the relocators.

And I'd guess that Autoride links would be needed, otherwise the shocks will try to lift the rear to compensate for the lower springs.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And I'd guess that Autoride links would be needed, otherwise the shocks will try to lift the rear to compensate for the lower springs.

Pm me I have the kit

NON autoride 2 inch springs
1 inch spacers
shock extenders
and i can tell you how to make your own autoride links its 50 cents to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts