Lost sound on right side only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Memphis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed a new head unit a while back. Sound was just fine, all door speakers worked and the sub as well but a few weeks after I lost all sound on the right side. Anyone encounter this problem before and what the solution ended up being?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Do you have a separate amplifier for the speakers, or are you using the new head unit's built in amplifier to power the speakers?

OP
OP
M

Memphis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. Here's a pic of my truck. In regard to the amplifier, I am not too knowledgeable about car audio but what I can tell you is that I haven't added any amp so I'm guessing powered by the headunit? This is my headunit.
IMG_0330.jpg

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the connector plugs on the harness. Maybe a plug partially pulled out of a socket when pushing things back in place during install? Tension on the wire harness may have pulled more on one side of the connector plug, with some pins pulled further away than others. Full contact on some and partial on others... Could have been just barely making contact on install, then lost it hitting bumps on the road.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that you lost the entire right side (front and back), with no external amplifier in the system, suggests that the problem is within your head unit.

Of course, check all of your connections, but for the entire right side to be out, there would have to be multiple issues within the connections, and that is unlikely.

PenultimateLap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I just installed a pioneer unit wired through the Bose system and I have super low volume output on the passenger side, front and back.

OP
OP
M

Memphis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I just installed a pioneer unit wired through the Bose system and I have super low volume output on the passenger side, front and back.
Sorry for the late reply, I have not. I tried testing out the head unit but honestly I am not very handy with car audio so I am not sure I troubleshooted very well lol. I need to drop it off at a car audio shop to see what's going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont