Loosening B Pillar trim Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I need to replace the cabin temperature sensor/aspirator. To do this I need to loosen the trim on the A and B pillars. A pillar trim came loose easily. But B pillar trim isn't pulling loose. It seems to be tightly connected near the top and I'm afraid I'll break a tab if I pull too hard. Can someone who has done this instruct me how to loosen the top section of the B pillar trim? Thanks

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I need to replace the cabin temperature sensor/aspirator. To do this I need to loosen the trim on the A and B pillars. A pillar trim came loose easily. But B pillar trim isn't pulling loose. It seems to be tightly connected near the top and I'm afraid I'll break a tab if I pull too hard. Can someone who has done this instruct me how to loosen the top section of the B pillar trim? Thanks
Found the answer to my question!

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Do you mind posting the solution? I am sure more of us will run into the same issue at some point...
The B pillar trim pulls/pops off. It just requires a bit more force than I expected. BTW, I had to replace the cabin aspirator/sensor in the headliner AND the ambient temperature sensor located behind the front grill to get HVAC working correctly. The giveaway that the ATS is not working right is the temp register in the mirror will read 0C or else display a grossly inaccurate reading.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for taking the extra couple of minutes to post that information! Greatly appreciated!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone