Looking to shave lift gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm up in Alaska. Bought my tahoe about a year ago. Went through my first winter purposely not using the rear window wiper to see if it bothered me. It didn't. Maybe cause it's my first suv and I've only had pickups before so a rear wiper wasn't even an option lol. I rely mainly on my side mirrors, habit of a truck driver. People, cargo, and eventually a flip down tv will block that view anyway.
But there's plenty of gas stations all over that have window squeegees in case it gets too dirty, which still mine never really got that dirty.
So +1 on the shave.
I plan on having mine shaved soon but for now I've got the same look as fosscore

OP
OP
D

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up in Alaska. Bought my tahoe about a year ago. Went through my first winter purposely not using the rear window wiper to see if it bothered me. It didn't. Maybe cause it's my first suv and I've only had pickups before so a rear wiper wasn't even an option lol. I rely mainly on my side mirrors, habit of a truck driver. People, cargo, and eventually a flip down tv will block that view anyway.
But there's plenty of gas stations all over that have window squeegees in case it gets too dirty, which still mine never really got that dirty.
So +1 on the shave.
I plan on having mine shaved soon but for now I've got the same look as fosscore
Awesome glad to hear that. Thanks for input.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Shaved my handle and wiper on my 07 (Check build thread for pics). Granted I had zero issues here in Houston, but my friend who bought the Tahoe lives in Denver. Said its never a problem really. Use your mirrors and youll be just fine. Add a backup cam too to make it that much easier when its salt covered. There's nothing better than a shaved gate!

OP
OP
D

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome thanks for all the input. i was thinking that adding a back up camera and some tows would be sufficient for her. Its on the to do list man everytime i get close to completion i find something new and awesome to add to this thing...

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I cant remember because I don't work on NBS much anymore, but I think your gate is aluminum. Make sure whoever shaves it knows what they're doing!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea not sure if it's 03+ or all are aluminum, but Ive heard there are some steel ones out there. Take a magnet to it.
I'm still looking for a guy who does aluminum to do mine :-/

OP
OP
D

Duramax05blk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya mine is an 03 and is aluminum. I will probably cut some aluminum or sheet metal and use panel bond . I will do some more research and let everyone know the route I take.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed