BAMF Pri's 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice clean start for sure.
So your using Fosscores build as a guide, that mean color matching chrome ?
The chrome goes good with that body color
:popcorn:

Last edited:
OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice clean start for sure.
So your using Fosscores build as a guide, that mean color matching chrome ?
The chrome goes good with that body color
:popcorn:

Probably not going to color match the chrome. I personally love chrome and will end up just color matching the plastics as well as the mirrors and then adding chrome caps and chrome handle pulls. But that's definitely in the future.

For now I'm trying to figure out some if the weird little issues it has. It takes forever to fill up the tank that I've read and believe it should be the evap and then it also has a rough time starting. I'll turn the key and it'll try to turn over but it'll take like 3 times to get it to start up and running good. So I've read and think it might be the regulator so I'm going to first pop the vacuum hose off and see if fuel comes out and if not might still replace it

OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update, got the canister vent solinoid in and a billet bowtie just need to put them in.

Also found out the the regulator is in the tank with the fuel pump so not sure if I'll be doing that job or if I am going to take it to a shop.

Hand polished the bowtie but I think it needs to be sanded and re polished with rogue bars because of the light scratches.

Untitled by James Pate, on Flickr
Untitled by James Pate, on Flickr
13109004_1755307864726821_43376185_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the evap canister didn't fix the fill up issue so not sure what that could be. Maybe the fuel pump :shrug: Also still having the hard start issue as well that could be the fuel pump as well but not looking forward to dropping the gas tank.

But I did take off the rear wiper and plugged it with some small plugs. Wanted to color match them but was about to rain and I didn't have the paint. So I'll get some paint and paint the spare plugs that I have

34418580953_b2d66a60a2_b.jpgUntitled by James Pate, on Flickr

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the plugs. The color match will make it so much better. :waytogo:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Any updates ? Was off to a promising start :p
Fuel pump is a pain but it's gotta be done at some point. Just remember you'll never have to do it again lol.

I didn't even notice your candy tails. Nice touch, we both have great taste.:cool:

So did you order drop parts or lift parts ? :rolleyes:
Got new fogs?

OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still going at it. Haven't ordered a fuel pump yet but it'll get done here soon. No lift parts or lowering parts either. Going to be a slow process. Fogs are probably up next. Want to order a z71 valance and do the fogs toi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne