Looking to cam my 03 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes... Unless he’s just trying to get a super rowdy idle
Bigger than a stage 2 seems like it’d be hard to take advantage of but then if I had a 5.3 I’d be thinking torque cam and skip the converter for a daily driver... but what fun is that

The non-stock idle is part of the fun of having a non-stock cam! But I wouldn't sacrifice low-end power and city drivability just to have that. You can make a stock cam lope just with the tuning. I made my Stage 2 sound bigger than it is when I had it tuned.

OP
OP
Jbsavage

Jbsavage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The non-stock idle is part of the fun of having a non-stock cam! But I wouldn't sacrifice low-end power and city drivability just to have that. You can make a stock cam lope just with the tuning. I made my Stage 2 sound bigger than it is when I had it tuned.
Yeah I love the sound. But that's not the only reason behind the cam. I want more performance out of it also. After reading all this I have some thinking to do for sure. Thanks alot to all of you for the input

OP
OP
Jbsavage

Jbsavage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Grunting from a stop with a cam kit and head work and those 4.10 gears should be fun to watch. Can you pass a gas station?
It's crazy but the way it's set up right it runs great. I had a kid try to race me in his Silverado the other day on I10 coming home from Alabama and he couldnt pass me I held it till it hit about 95 mph he gave up so I let out of it lol.... it has a lot of get up and go where it's at right now it's so much more responsive then my 04 cateye I had and feels like it has more power also. But my cateye had almost 290k when it got totaled this has 132k

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
You can get your heads CNC ported by Katech pretty inexpensively. If I were doing a cam swap the heads would definitely get ported.