looking for new wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yargnits

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Northern Indiana, the land of annoying lepreachons

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too.

I'd do it only if they can be had for cheap. I'm still mulling over a drop first. I'm finally starting to like this truck.

But the hell with 20, 22, 24 wheels... I think I'm going to go for some 42s for that vintage look!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ECONOMY-AMISH-B...QQptZArchitectural_Garden?hash=item3a53bf5436

LOL.. you know i have actually seen some on a car on the web somewhere. It looked kinda cool. Dont know how you would actually drive on it, but very unique none the less.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this one?
hummer-wooden-tires.jpg

or this one?

f-cell-car-benz-1-580x333.jpg

I like how the Hummer has a place to attach a team of horses. :)

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^--- yeah thats it, the hummer one. I want to see it move though. lol

OP
OP
B

bear_69cuda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, just a crappy pic when I was putting them on in the middle of the night. :)

fd336ac5.gif

f5e178de.gif

it has been rainy with a chance of exams since I did it. no chance to get it clean and take pics with my good camera.

there is a good pic of gringolocos dropped Yuk on the web though.
SierraClip044.jpg

These are the rims I must have... Seen some on e-bay for ~ $1400 with tires shipped. Is this a decent price? I would love to possibly powder-coat them black! I took the badges of the rear of my Yukon. Debadging looks so cool! I'm also considering body colored wheel flares, and removing side mouldings...... Not sure yet... I do like the clean lines...

jimweis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with the flares, that's one of the things that prompted me to get the these wheels. The flares make the stock 17" wheels look too small. I like my truck to look like it may have come from the factory with the mods, with not too many "in your face" changes. Gringolocos Yukon has that factory look, but better .
I was considering a drop, but I also want to add dual tailpipes off the stock muffler left and right side to match factory exit and size and I'm not sure there is room with the drop.
picture.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link, I had been considering looking for some. Have you seen any 'blank' caps?

jimweis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link, I had been considering looking for some. Have you seen any 'blank' caps?
I haven't seen any for sale but I think I saw some on a set of machined wheels, someone must be making them.
That Ebay seller's listing isn't accurate the caps are machined not polished and several places it lists them as used, they are new as the text notes, not used as in the terms farther down the listing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truckn02

Latest posts