Looking for comments from LTZ/autoride owners with lift/leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Ok so the front end is all good with the regular gas shocks and module. The rear is a standard style shock that has air leveling and electronic dampening. You are planning on installing a 2" coil spacer in the rear to match front height so you need shock extenders and rod spacers? Just trying to follow where your going and what you need to setup.

I've been searching for some lower shock spacers for autoride and found that rough country and skyjacker make some for there 3-3.5" kits that should work fine on a 2" coil spacers retaining air shocks. Will have to special order those parts only from them directly or a supplier like summit racing or 4wheel parts.

fishingwizard

Reaction score
Ok so the front end is all good with the regular gas shocks and module. The rear is a standard style shock that has air leveling and electronic dampening. You are planning on installing a 2" coil spacer in the rear to match front height so you need shock extenders and rod spacers? Just trying to follow where your going and what you need to setup.

I've been searching for some lower shock spacers for autoride and found that rough country and skyjacker make some for there 3-3.5" kits that should work fine on a 2" coil spacers retaining air shocks. Will have to special order those parts only from them directly or a supplier like summit racing or 4wheel parts.

The rear 2" spacer lift sits under the coils on the rear axles and is already installed. Because of this, the shocks are over extended. I purchased the 2" shock bracket extender that mounts on the bottom shock bolt to bring the shock back to normal length to function properly. The ride height extenders will allow the air shocks to function when towing and the rear end squats.

Again, I wish I would have just done an airride delete that Arnott offers with the plugs to trick the computer system. Hind sight is always 20/20

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Ok I'm following you now don't why my brain was so lost haha. Yeah with the 2" coil spacers in and no shock extenders that's a bad scenario. How did you even get the shocks back installed that stretched? What extenders did you buy?

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious at the shock extenders you bought also.

fishingwizard

Reaction score
I bought the ones from Full Throttle but they didn't send me the damn bolts for it and no one in town has a set!?!?!?!?!?! I'm at least going to fix the sensor arms today but until I find some damn bolts my shocks are still over extended.

Slightly frustrating considering I bought them from FTS before doing some research and paid twice what a pair from Ready Lift has... Link is below to basically what I got but again I didn't get the bolts... Waiting on a call from FTS but they are 3hrs behind me in Cali vs VA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ReadyLIFT-6...Tahoe-/121213282824?fits=Model:Silverado+1500

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah mine came in the extenders. Go to true value or fastenal and get the set screws. I can almost guarantee that there some standard thread

fishingwizard

Reaction score
I got the shock bolts from another dealership in town. Installed everything and the damn compressor still won't turn on. I'll start another fix thread on it.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Were you able to rotate the air shock or did you use two extenders per side (1 top, 1 bottom)? Reason I ask is I've never had a pair of air shocks that can spin for alignment. Those shock spacers are generic and can find them on ebay cheap. Really only need to get FTS ride height rod spacers.

Looks like the ride height sensors are in the correct position to activate compressor. Have you verified power to the compressor and fuse under hood in panel? Once verified it should all communicate with the suspension module and BCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy