Looking for comments from LTZ/autoride owners with lift/leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ok2drule

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lifted my 09 Tahoe and noticed that my ride control hardly ever comes on now. 3" lift on the front and a 2" on the back. I know something needs to change in the rear and I think the front as well. I put this on my 08 Avalanche LTZ and noticed a difference when hauling my boat with the load leveling. (Only pulled it one time) Looking for somebody who may have corrected the issue, without making longer rods to off set the difference.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you calling "ride control?" If you're talking about the compressor, it's likely that either air isn't being called for, or you've got a problem with your compressor altogether.

ok2drule

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I fixed my ride controle from doing the suspension lift. I cut the rods and made up spacer sleeves with set screws and set them to the proper 90 degree alignment.(fromt & rear) Now I rides right and the compressor comes on to adjust the ride height. Hauling my 23 foot liberator was a breeze. This does matter and I will tell you why. I never did this (spacer) upgrade on my 08 Avalanche and noticed it didn't ride the same and my compressor hardly ever came on even with a load. Not enough to level out like it should have. Also my front was setting just a little higher with the lift kit and now its level. The lift kit included

Front end lift 3" strut spacer
Rear 2" coil spacer and shock extension

Tony1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I fixed my ride controle from doing the suspension lift. I cut the rods and made up spacer sleeves with set screws and set them to the proper 90 degree alignment.(fromt & rear) Now I rides right and the compressor comes on to adjust the ride height. Hauling my 23 foot liberator was a breeze. This does matter and I will tell you why. I never did this (spacer) upgrade on my 08 Avalanche and noticed it didn't ride the same and my compressor hardly ever came on even with a load. Not enough to level out like it should have. Also my front was setting just a little higher with the lift kit and now its level. The lift kit included

Front end lift 3" strut spacer
Rear 2" coil spacer and shock extension

Do you have some pictures of the modified autoride sensor rods? TIA

MuSh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a link from their site or can you tell me exactly what they are called? I'm having difficulty finding them on full throttles website

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You have to call them at 559-271-8685 and order over the phone. They don't show up on the website but are included as part of the 7-9" lift kit. They will sell them independently of the lift kit so its a perfect fix for lengthening rods in leveling applications on the autoride vehicles.

dr58dmtp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks, new here. I am about to take over my wifes stock 2008 LTZ Tahoe and have been searching for autoride info, which brought me here! I am coming from a 2007 NNBS Silverado 1500 that I put a 6inch Fabtech on myself, so I am sorta tuned into lifting. That being said, I am more of a motorhead than a suspension nut, and looking for any and all advice.

What I would like to do to the Tahoe is add a small amount of lift, just enough to beef her up and do somewhere in the 32.5-33 inch tire range. I purchased Ranchos Readylift loaded with resistors from the front shocks. Wanted new springs and figured why not get the set already together. I also plan on adding the Readylift STT 1.5F/1R or similar.

I am looking at replacing the rear shocks with the arnott/bilstein autoride replacements that utilize the auto height adjust but kill the auto dampening to match the front disconnect.

Additionally, I have not decided on whether to leave the stock rims or go to an aftermarket. If going aftermarket, havent decided to stick with 20s or down to 18s...choices, choices...

Does this sound like I should need to "modify" anything else on the system or should I be good to go?

Also, any negatives on the lift/level choice?

Thanks in advance-
Dave

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Ok so you have a front level kit with resistors to disable lights for the mangeride? Did you remove the ride height sensors too?

You can reuse the stock springs as they don't wear down fast enough to replace. Normal level kits are 2.5F and 1-1.5R. Various manufactures make them and ebay is the place for rear coil spacers. If you want to dump the rear autoride best bang for buck is 5100s. You will need the same resistors for the rear to trick the computer. Also would get 5100s for the front instead of Ranchos to match the ride quality. Keep the stocks if you like them and run a 275/60R20 its 33x11.5R20

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can easily keep autoride (that you don't need resistors to "trick" anything), since autoride tries to RAISE the rear if it has dropped to LOW. Since you're lifting your truck, the rear won't appear too low.

I've lowered my truck, so I had to shorten my rear links. Too-short links in the rear on a lifted truck shouldn't be an issue -- but then I'd ultimately defer to the folks who have raised their trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz