Looking for comments from LTZ/autoride owners with lift/leveling kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So after a lot of debating and searching I'm about to pull the trigger on a leveling kit on my 2013 LTZ. The searching has been around autoride and will it cause issues or not. What I would love to see people post on is how long have you had a leveling kit on your autoride truck and have you had ANY issues with that system? Seen some try it but I can't find where the report back often once they get the set up they want. My goal is 1.5" in front (thinking readylift) and 1" spacer in the rear. Thinking I can play with rear links to get it back down a touch achieving 1/2"-3/4" net rear lift. I want the front 3/4"-1" lower than front to keep some rake which I believe appears level.

So what leveling kit did you put on your tahoe with autoride/autolevel, did you have to modify front or rear links, and most importantly how long have you had it installed and any issues? Thank you for your responses. Pictures welcome. :)

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was only on for 24 hrs...didn't like the look, but I had no problems with the Autoride. It worked properly with the CCM 2.5/1 I installed and removed.

RoRo

Reaction score
08 Yukon w/ autoride
FABTECH basic kit using factory shocks, rides a little stiff but was expected. It's only been installed 2 weeks with daily driving. My only issue may have been self caused. During the re-installation of the front shocks it specifically states to turn shock in a counter clockwise rotation to line up the brackets and control arm. Well this wasnt followed as I noticed it after the driver side install. Past couple days I've noticed what sounds like popping/clicking from the driver side suspension. Had a friend rock the Yukon while I listened and felt for any issues and seems to be coming from the drivers shock. Besides that one issue and the stiffer ride no other issues.

Besides the clicking/popping, Im also getting service suspension system, which leads me to believe I messed up my shock during install. Time for some Bilsteins and autoride disable!!!!

20130719_152708_zps3324eda4.jpg

OP
OP
S

SFBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went ahead with the Readylift adjustable front leveling kit. I had it installed and set it at 1" for now. plan is to increase to 1.5" once i can get some BFG 285/55/20's underneath. only been a week but no autoride issues yet. ride is a bit stiffer but it sits nice. I will say that at the 1" setting it raised the front over 1" (I would say about 1.25") and yes, i'm very particular. any more in the front and it would definitely appear to be sagging as it's only about 3/4" higher in the rear now and i'm wondering what it looks like driving. Overall I'm pleased (so far) and really can't wait to add the .5" in the front and probably a 1" spacer in the rear. i'm sure it's talked about on here but does anyone make a .5"-3/4" spacer for the rear and also are the rear shocks ok to do this? I know i'll have to adjust the rear autoride links and i'm guessing that is going to be a pain.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stiles -- You shouldn't have to adjust the rear autoride links when you go higher. Air gets pumped into the system when it senses that the ride is too LOW in the back, not too high. When it's too low, air is added to raise the rear. When it's higher, nothing happens.

OP
OP
S

SFBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kirk, thank you for your response and help throughout doing this. It wasn't an easy decision with this autoride system. I was thinking i would need to extend the links in the rear (slightly) so if i loaded the vehicle down at all it would air up and maintain the new/leveled/lifted ride height? in other words, if I raise the rear 1" and leave the links alone the auto level won't kick in until it's sagging 1" with a load...wouldn't that be the case? if i have extra people and/or weight in the back i want to make sure the autoride kicks in and keeps the new level ride.

also, for what it's worth i did notice that the sensors in the front changed with the front strut spacer. i asked the installer to take reference measurements (which he did not do). However, i took before and after pictures and i can't tell just how much but you can notice that the upper arm that attaches to the top of the link/rod sits closer to where it is mounted....so that relationship did change.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have autoride on my avy ltz and a 2.5/1.5 leveling kit. Absolutely zero issues. I've had it on for about a year now. It looks 10x better and don't regret it one bit. Top Gun Customz up front and just a rear billet spacer from ebay in the back.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, for what it's worth i did notice that the sensors in the front changed with the front strut spacer. i asked the installer to take reference measurements (which he did not do). However, i took before and after pictures and i can't tell just how much but you can notice that the upper arm that attaches to the top of the link/rod sits closer to where it is mounted....so that relationship did change.

Right -- but what affect has it had on anything?

I don't think I said that that angle wouldn't change. I said that the stroke of the shock wouldn't change -- and that not doing anything to the links wouldn't change anything...

OP
OP
S

SFBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed. I haven't had any issues just merely stating that it does somewhat alter the relationship of the link/sensor position. for my own piece of mind, when i go up another 1/2" i'm going to make sure they measure it. I'm more worried about the ABS working properly for safety reasons. I'm sure it does but for anyone else reading this having the same question i did just wanted them to know it moves the sensors....but has yet to creat any problems and i don't believe it will. If i knew how to post pictures i would.

OP
OP
S

SFBEE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couple questions:
1) does anyone make less than a 1" rear spacer to lift the rear?

2) Do I need shock extenders with a rear spacer

3) Will i need to extend the rear autoride sensors in order to maintain a level ride with heavier loads (extra people, trailer, etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans