Looking For Advice with Valley Pan Gasket Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to thinking more about this....what was riveted onto where? Did you have to drill the rivets out? I’m a tad confused to this as the videos I’ve watched shows the valley Pan easily pried (or is it pryed?) off.

He was thinking of a VLOM (Valve Lifter Oil Manifold), which is the valley pan for an engine with AFM. It has cast-in oil circuits and solenoids for the AFM system. The gasket is riveted in place on these. Your engine is an L92, which did not have AFM. The L94 is the later 6.2 that was used in 2010 and newer. It is pretty much your exact engine but with AFM. It would have a VLOM.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
He was thinking of a VLOM (Valve Lifter Oil Manifold), which is the valley pan for an engine with AFM. It has cast-in oil circuits and solenoids for the AFM system. The gasket is riveted in place on these. Your engine is an L92, which did not have AFM. The L94 is the later 6.2 that was used in 2010 and newer. It is pretty much your exact engine but with AFM. It would have a VLOM.

Great to know, thanks!