PRE-OWNED 2021 GMC YUKON XL DENALI SUV 24k mil with Valve cover gasket replaced @ 14k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_xg78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I want your advice on this Denali. A 21 Yukon XL denali that checkes all the boxes for me but on carfax had a gasket replaced @ 14K. and looks like it was being taken in for oil change evre 2-3K. After the gasket job it was sold at auction. Thoughts?

Thanks
G

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just bought a used 2021 Yukon Denali with high mileage (49K) from Hertz with carfax + recall history showing all up to date. Before purchase we did the independent inspection, tried all the features, and in particular they let us test tow up the mountain at 107F ambient - overheating was a particular concern for us.

Since then, we've driven 1500miles and absolutely everything is working 100%, no drips of oil on the garage floor - so what can one say as (in my opinion) all you can ask for that the vehicle runs 100% as it should and meets you're checklist. The future is unknown for ANY vehicle.

In reference to @Doubelive 2020 comment - we didn't understand till after purchase that 2021+ is a major GMC change and many after market parts such as a front hitch just aren't made for 2021+ but are available to 2020- So do research into any mods you might want to make and see if they are available for 2021+ For example, we can't find anyone to do a 2nd Fob as no one in our area has the latest equipment.

Last edited:

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would lifter replacement show up as gasket replacement? I think either way, that’s a hard pass… if they did replace the lifters, was it all of them or just the half that failed? What other gremlins does that 21 have???

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would lifter replacement show up as gasket replacement? I think either way, that’s a hard pass… if they did replace the lifters, was it all of them or just the half that failed? What other gremlins does that 21 have???
Many gremlins.....like a car full

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a TSB at one point hi-lighting some improperly installed gaskets...could be that simple...or could be worse.

Does the car-fax say what dealer did the work, it usually does...if so...call the dealer, give them the VIN and ask for the repair order...then you will know for sure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a TSB at one point hi-lighting some improperly installed gaskets...could be that simple...or could be worse.

Does the car-fax say what dealer did the work, it usually does...if so...call the dealer, give them the VIN and ask for the repair order...then you will know for sure.
any gm dealer can pull it up, print it out, etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz