Look what the UPS man just brought me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
Install is a breeze. Plug in to the OBDII port and you are on your way. The most time consuming was the waiting for it to initialize & back up my original ECM program to memory. Here is a link to the user manual which will explain all of what it does:

http://www.edgeproducts.com/product_images/product_variation-user_manual-258.pdf

That's awesome. Does it do all the same things as other plug n play tuners? Are there any others like it on the market? That molded stand for it looks like a clean place to put it, assuming you have to buy that part as well.

EDIT: I see that the ones they sell for 2010's are a bit more expensive... mainly because of their bigger screens? I need to investigate this further because this seems pretty damn cool. Any other testimonies on a 2010 tahoe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bam

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other tuners out there that do the same basic thing. I picked this one because of the ease to change between tunes (or back to factory for warranty work) & for the display.

The stand comes with it, and if they send you the wrong one (I ended up getting the NBS stand in the box) , you can call them up & they will ship you the right one at no charge. So now I have both.

Edit: Read your edit. Looking at the web site it looks like they stopped the evolution after 2008 Tahoe's. The only difference I saw with the CS & CTS when I was looking to by mine was the color display. Wasn't worth the added price to me, that's why I went with the regular Evolution.

You might want to call Edge's customer service & see if they have the regular Evolution for the 2010s. They were friendly & helpful when I called them with some questions about mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bam

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct...Unfortunately, the CS does the same thing as mine and is almost $500 because it is "prettier"...The whole reason I went with the $364 tuner over the $500 tuner. It looks nice, just not $136 extra nice to me.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
Correct...Unfortunately, the CS does the same thing as mine and is almost $500 because it is "prettier"...The whole reason I went with the $364 tuner over the $500 tuner. It looks nice, just not $136 extra nice to me.

Yeah, although with just a quick google search I've found it for under $400. What case comes with it that you speak of? I think mounting it at the A-pillar would be pretty sweet.

Ahhh... new toys :)

OP
OP
Bam

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Couldn't find any deals like that back in October when I bought mine.

Mine came with the pod that mounts to the dash next to the driver's side A-pillar.

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
Sweet! Couldn't find any deals like that back in October when I bought mine.

Mine came with the pod that mounts to the dash next to the driver's side A-pillar.

Oh SWEET! Sold!! LOL. The wire when connected to the OBD-II port isn't obtrusive at all??

rlschmidt14

Reaction score
just bought the CS from autoanything, who's running a promo for a free dash pod or cash rebate. awesome. will update on progress.

k9lovr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other tuners out there that do the same basic thing. I picked this one because of the ease to change between tunes (or back to factory for warranty work) & for the display.

The stand comes with it, and if they send you the wrong one (I ended up getting the NBS stand in the box) , you can call them up & they will ship you the right one at no charge. So now I have both.

Edit: Read your edit. Looking at the web site it looks like they stopped the evolution after 2008 Tahoe's. The only difference I saw with the CS & CTS when I was looking to by mine was the color display. Wasn't worth the added price to me, that's why I went with the regular Evolution.

You might want to call Edge's customer service & see if they have the regular Evolution for the 2010s. They were friendly & helpful when I called them with some questions about mine.

What octane fuel does your tunes require you to run? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbo5