Long burnout this morning, now PO609 check engine light code.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Would not have posted this but could find nothing from previous discussion in regard to the PO609 code on the 2007 to 2014 Tahoe’s.
About 4 days ago I installed the Superchips Flashpaq 2845 F5 and have only disabled the AFM active fuel management and switched to performance mode.
Speed and rev limiter along with everything else has been left stock.
None of the parameters have been changed.

Was making a right turn this morning out in the country and stood on it from a stand still.

Roasted the right rear tire pretty good.

Light came on about 10 mins later.
Guessing a wheel speed sensor got spiked, at least that’s my wishful thinking.
The ECM is still in learn mode from when I had the batteries disconnected just a few days ago so there are a couple of not readies in the ECM.

Anyone ever heard of this code before? PO609

Dwight?
Swathdiver Treasure Island?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking up that code in the shop manual, I would hose that area down. It probably got dirty or knocked loose.

There are two symptom codes that further aid in diagnosis. 00 and 5A

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Wow
Thank you for taking the time to do that.

Are you talking about hosing the wheel speed sensor area?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0609

this is not a abs code. its a speed sensor, lives in the tranny and there might be two in the transfer case. how fords make the awd bs work in exploders, ive never looked that close at my hoe, but we might have em there too.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0609

this is not a abs code. its a speed sensor, lives in the tranny and there might be two in the transfer case. how fords make the awd bs work in exploders, ive never looked that close at my hoe, but we might have em there too.
True it is a vehicle speed signal problem but the vss relies on the speed sensors in the trans, tcase and wheel speed sensors aka abs sensors. It could be any of them.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These 4L60s have two speed sensors in the trans- one for the input and one for the output. I think the output speed sensor is also the main VSS for the speedometer, etc. The PCM compares the input to the output to measure slippage when calculating for clutch engagement and torque management. Maybe the torque converter got a little loose or too warm during that tire roast? Why it would come on 10 minutes later, I don't know. It may not even be related to that roast and be pure coincidence. Considering the other factors- recently tuned, PCM still relearning, etc. and if it isn't driving any differently, I'd say the best you can do for now is just make sure the sensor is securely plugged in and no harnesses are loose and/or contacting anything.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These 4L60s have two speed sensors in the trans- one for the input and one for the output. I think the output speed sensor is also the main VSS for the speedometer, etc. The PCM compares the input to the output to measure slippage when calculating for clutch engagement and torque management. Maybe the torque converter got a little loose or too warm during that tire roast? Why it would come on 10 minutes later, I don't know. It may not even be related to that roast and be pure coincidence. Considering the other factors- recently tuned, PCM still relearning, etc. and if it isn't driving any differently, I'd say the best you can do for now is just make sure the sensor is securely plugged in and no harnesses are loose and/or contacting anything.

The 4L80e has the 2 speed sensors on the trans, not the 60e. I have one sitting in front of me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14