Locked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
The locksmiths need a z tool, it’s a glorified coat hanger with 2 90 deg bends. They need to reach down along the window and manipulate the lock rod. The finding the right spot is almost impossible without the book on doing it or being very familiar with doing them, the gmt800 is one of the more difficult vehicles for non destructive entry

OP
OP
V

Ventura139

Reaction score
so 2 locksmiths didn't combined brains to get it open? there are 4 doors, they can't possibly be all 4 broken.
did they use the air bag/wedge method? this forces the door to have a gap at the outermost edge and opens it enough to reach inside with a tool and physically push the lock mechanism open.
That’s the thing. They were both able to push the unlock button and we both heard the locks actuate but none of the door actually unlocked

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the thing. They were both able to push the unlock button and we both heard the locks actuate but none of the door actually unlocked
I don't think you are grasping what I am talking about, I am talking about the physical door lock slider, that is connected to the rod inside the door, when you slide it, it unlocks the door unless the connecting rod came off, in which case you would just move to another door. it's not rocket science its just a door lock.
panel3.JPG

OP
OP
V

Ventura139

Reaction score
I don't think you are grasping what I am talking about, I am talking about the physical door lock slider, that is connected to the rod inside the door, when you slide it, it unlocks the door unless the connecting rod came off, in which case you would just move to another door. it's not rocket science its just a door lock.
View attachment 343588
Both of them weren’t able to get it done. Kinda sad. But I ordered my own lock out kit and will try it my self tomorrow. They both gave up after about an hour but I’ll try until it gets done.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Failing all that, which window is the easiest to replace after the rock breaks it?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easiest to replace? Or cheapest to replace? There can be a big difference there.

On my Esky, for SafeLite to replace the rear hatch glass, is 750 bucks! And the correct glass from local yards, its always broken out!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan