Locked out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ventura139

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m in desperate need for advice. Long story short I was loading some lumber into the back of my 01 Yukon Denali and one of the stick slid down my passenger seat and hit the lock button as I closed the back window. I have an avital 7345L alarm system and when I hit the unlock button it won’t unlock the doors. I’m able to use the remote start so the remote functions but not the locks. I had 2 locksmiths try to open it with no success. The actual door lock cylinders won’t engage and when they hit the unlock button with the jim you can hear it “function” but nothing physically unlocks. Nothing at all. I’m all out of ideas other than picking a window and breaking it. It seems like the alarm system on the truck killed the locks.
Any ideas on what to do ?????

Reaction score
I think the latch for the rear glass can be released rather easily, altho I don't know how to do it, but I remember it being discussed in the past.

Cbncanada

Reaction score
On my 2006 the drivers door will actually unlock with the key. Don't need the remote for that. It is a physical unlock of the door.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
The vehicle thinks you are inside it, Simply get a piece of stiff coat hanger wire and gently pry the driver side door at the top open just enough to slide the wire down and press unlock on the door armrest. I think a good thief could do this in less than 30 seconds!

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2006 the drivers door will actually unlock with the key. Don't need the remote for that. It is a physical unlock of the door.
That was my thought. I need to use my key when it gets cold out to get the drivers door to unlock.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so 2 locksmiths didn't combined brains to get it open? there are 4 doors, they can't possibly be all 4 broken.
did they use the air bag/wedge method? this forces the door to have a gap at the outermost edge and opens it enough to reach inside with a tool and physically push the lock mechanism open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas