Lock lock lock lock lock lock lock LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 395709

All da lockaholics where ya at?! Let's go!!

Lock
Lock
Lock Lock
Lock Lock
Lock
Lock Lock
Lock Lock
Lock
Lock Lock
Lock Lock
Everybodyyyyyy!

If you ain't gettin' locked
Get da (WHAT) out da truck!
Uh... I usually don't allow use of my image in public media without compensation, but I'll make an exception for TYF.

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would probably pull the drivers door panel off and jiggle wires/harness around and see if the problem can be replicated (try it while both locked and unlocked).
if not then does it do it at slow speed? say under 15mph? I think 15mph is when the automatic door lock happens, you could try disabling that feature if you have enabled or if it is even a option in the dic and see if that makes any difference or not.
View attachment 395709

All da lockaholics where ya at?! Let's go!!

Lock
Lock
Lock Lock
Lock Lock
Lock
Lock Lock
Lock Lock
Lock
Lock Lock
Lock Lock
Everybodyyyyyy!

If you ain't gettin' locked
Get da (WHAT) out da truck!
This might not have anything to do with your problem but one time I was out of town I would get in my truck and while going down the road the door lock actuators we’re going lock and unlock over and over driving down the road.
I finally figured out the remote went bad and I guess the lock buttons were stuck. I know it’s a late response but hoping you’ve got it taken care of.

jamesdking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 98 Yukon has down this for years but it seems to happen more when the temps change a lot or it rains. Happens with either or both front doors switches unplugged. Mine always locks and then unlocks the doors very quickly. I’ve removed the batteries to both remotes as well. Still happens. The only way to stop it is to remove the silver relay in the fuse panel. Otherwise my doors are pretty guaranteed to be unlocked at all times.

The only other thing I could guess is the switch in the rear or it having a safety feature malfunctioning that prevents you locking the doors at an inconvenient time. Orrrr. It reminds me of when you program the remotes using the obd connector. It also might happen when you connect the battery after disconnecting it for repairs.

Now that I’ve hijacked this thread… any thoughts?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look at the rear switch. Since 2 of 3 are out of the loop and it still does it, them it's getting a command from something.

So it unlocks all doors, not just the driver door? GM has had the "oops I left my key in the ignitor and locked myself out" feature for a number of years now that will pop the driver door back open if the vehicle is off and key in ignition. Just a thought

jamesdking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s all the actuators for sure. You can hear it from a distance when it gets going too. Thus the concern for it being unlocked at the end. I’ll unplug the rear switch and wait for the cool temps and rain this week. Thanks

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look at the rear switch. Since 2 of 3 are out of the loop and it still does it, them it's getting a command from something.

So it unlocks all doors, not just the driver door? GM has had the "oops I left my key in the ignitor and locked myself out" feature for a number of years now that will pop the driver door back open if the vehicle is off and key in ignition. Just a thought
It could be a misbehaving ignition in this scenario. I have an issue where it will turn just so and lock the key, and knocks multiple systems offline (4 Wheel Steer, primarily). I jiggle it, turn everything off, get the cylinder set correctly, then turn everything back on. This issue was caused by someone trying to steal my truck and me being cheap on the ignition replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt