Lock lock lock lock lock lock lock LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK LOCK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
I've had a back burner issue on my rig where the DIC would display driver's door open. Was hoping to wait until the weather got nice

But.... Today, it decided to go full yeehaw into dummy land.

The doors seem like they're stuck in a lock loop, with the DIC continuing to display the message even after cleared.

Not sure if it's the door closed sensor or wiring or what all it could be.

Need to dig into it and get the thing fixed tomorrow because I'm genuinely worried something is going to burn out or break. Those little actuators weren't meant for getting a years worth of use in a 20 minute drive lol.

Alongside my own reading, I figured I'd reach out to you all and see if anyone has pointers on where to look, diagrams, pinouts, etc etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would probably pull the drivers door panel off and jiggle wires/harness around and see if the problem can be replicated (try it while both locked and unlocked).
if not then does it do it at slow speed? say under 15mph? I think 15mph is when the automatic door lock happens, you could try disabling that feature if you have enabled or if it is even a option in the dic and see if that makes any difference or not.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Switching the vehicle settings from at-speed to in-gear seem to take it from a lock-loop, to an unlock-loop

What in tarnation
does the door (open/close) switch seem to work? like if you park and have the radio on, shut if off and take out the keys, the radio should stay on for 10 minutes or until you open the door.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the door (open/close) switch seem to work? like if you park and have the radio on, shut if off and take out the keys, the radio should stay on for 10 minutes or until you open the door.
Nope, immediate off. DIC prompts 'driver door open' whenever put into gear

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, immediate off. DIC prompts 'driver door open' whenever put into gear
then you most likely have a bad door switch (actuator) the door open/closed sensor is part of that actuator as far as I know unless you have a 00-02 it could be separate
that would explain why it is trying to lock the door over and over

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then you most likely have a bad door switch (actuator) the door open/closed sensor is part of that actuator as far as I know unless you have a 00-02 it could be separate
that would explain why it is trying to lock the door over and over
Ding ding

Pulled it out, pinned it. I could shake it and it would get upset

New one in, mischief solved

Love you guys!

Just in time for the rain to show up

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you solved it!

Best posting title EVER! Hilarious

I had a similar issue with my 2015 work truck.......but it was due to me letting it get rained on by forgetting the window was down. One disassembled door panel later after driving to the job site with the whole title of your post......luckily sitting on the defroster for a couple hours helped it realize what it had done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter