LMG to L94 swap question Smog (California)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
In 2016 when smog’g an unmodified Orig owner s/c VW g60 a rouge smog tech failed the car based on a 6” snorkel missing off the air box. After finding the snorkel and installing it he refused to smog the car stating it was missing the warm air ductwork for cold start up. He refused to show me what he was talking about.

I called the DMV. They had the local CARB (CA Air Resources Board) call me. The guy blew me away and said no need to bring the car in to a referee station. He stated the tech found a diagram of a rare severe cold weather option for Swedish & Danish export cars. He verified the tech was rouge and apologized profusely.

He sent me back to the same smog shop and promised a fair shake down by the owner, which is what happened. The guy actually advocated for me and policed his own. I’m still impressed.

I will admit that if it would of turned out differently I was ready to make an example out of the smog tech.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hmmm, good cop, bad cop eh? The con worked on me and told my ego I outsmarted that cat. Insert facepalm here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts