07’ LMG swap to 08’ LS2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joani18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 5.3 LMG in my 07’ Tahoe is about dead. I want to swap it with 6.0 LS2 from a 08’ Trailblazer SS. The LS2 comes with the wiring harness and ECU. No VVT on either but the 5.3 has DOD and the 6.0 does not.
Is this a plug and play with a small tune kind of swap? It’s my first swap and and all advice is appreciated. TYA!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5.3 LMG in my 07’ Tahoe is about dead. I want to swap it with 6.0 LS2 from a 08’ Trailblazer SS. The LS2 comes with the wiring harness and ECU. No VVT on either but the 5.3 has DOD and the 6.0 does not.
Is this a plug and play with a small tune kind of swap? It’s my first swap and and all advice is appreciated. TYA!
That's about it, both Gen IV architecture. Have fun!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can use your existing harness and PCM. Keep the TBSS stuff around as spares or sell to someone that mods harnesses and/or PCMs. Have AFM turned off in the tune when the PCM is tuned for the 6.0 and zip-tie the decommissioned VLOM harness plug up out of the way. Everything else should plug up just as it does on the LMG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne