Lights behind the grille? or grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off is it grille, or grill? According to google Grill is to cook stuff on and Grille is metal bars or wires protecting something. Therefore I would assume it should be spelled grille when referring to the plastic thing "protecting" our radiators.

Now that that is out of the way, I've always liked the look of the old square bodies when people put off-road lights behind the grillE. Where they are almost unnoticeable but when the high beams kick on boom! Bright blinding light! I much prefer the look of classic 7"-9" round lights over light bars which I think have become kinda "bro-ish" and remind me of EBay. HAs anyone done something of the sort to a NBS? 10 Bonus points if it has a HD grillE, and an additional 15 bonus points if no cutting is required.

I think it's super easy to go overboard with lighting to the point it becomes too much. Since it's getting to the time of the year where it's dark when I leave for work at 6am and certainly dark when I get home at 10pm. 80% of my driving is on rural backroads and a good majority of it is with my brights on since there is no traffic so I'd really light to add a set of Spot/driving lights to the mix.

If anyone else has another suggestion on where to put them that is incognito I'm all ears.

full?d=1446310845.jpg
DSCN05351.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I don't think theres anyway in hell you could make a round light fit and not shine directly at the giant chrome bar in the grille blocking all the forward output so nevermind I'm dumb.....

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been considering this too and I also love it when there in the grill like that!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody uses LED light bars behind the grill.
I just despise light bars, not sure why I just always associate them with Monster Energy stickers, colors tow hooks, flat bill hats, and ungodly loud and slow exhaust. I might consider doing one if thats my only option, I could always get a smoked lens cover or hit it with some cheap lens tint to make it less visible.
100 bonus points if you install pop up headlights in the HD hood!
You get 100 points just for such an awesome idea!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just despise light bars, not sure why I just always associate them with Monster Energy stickers, colors tow hooks, flat bill hats, and ungodly loud and slow exhaust. I might consider doing one if thats my only option, I could always get a smoked lens cover or hit it with some cheap lens tint to make it less visible.

You get 100 points just for such an awesome idea!
That’s why they put them BEHIND the grillE out of shame.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might find some good round LED pods for behind your grille’ instead…
I'd love to put a set of BajaDesigns LP6s but there's not enough room the giant chrome bar across the front would block the majority of the light. I think it would probably look silly with anything smaller than a 6" light.
That’s why they put them BEHIND the grillE out of shame.
Good point, I guess the look is sort of growing on me. I'd do an amber bar so it's easier on the eyes and doesn't reflect off-street signs so bad. Probably only do one bar in the upper position as well. Maybe when Diode Dynamics has another sale ill jump on a 30" bar, if I don't like it just put it on something else.

chevy-hidden-led-grille-kit-daytime-off_2.jpgchevy-hidden-led-grille-kit70705-base-ins0.jpg

M123

Viking
Reaction score
COLLAGE_20211003_133355.jpgCOLLAGE_20211003_133845.jpgCOLLAGE_20211003_133659.jpgCOLLAGE_20211003_134020.jpg

The point hopefully when someone puts lights on a car or truck are to get more lights, have it behind net or bars just do the opposite what you try to get. My choice are as free as it can be and as close in height as the eyes are. Now all don't think like me and want it but here are how I did place my led bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans