Lifting a Denali

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by 97SLeeper, Oct 11, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

1. 97SLeeper

97SLeeper TYF Newbie

Name:
    Vlad
    Hey, I’m on the hunt for a new suv coming from an 03 Denali with 300k miles. The reliability of this truck till it crapped out is what makes me want another one. I am trying to find threads on people who lifted the AWDs but the details are limited. Im not trying to do anything monsterous just want to a 3 to 4in lift with 33s 20x12 daily driver.
    Looking for a clean setup like Isidro’s Tahoe

If it’s really not worth it I’m looking at a couple 06 Tahoe Z71s, just trying to figure out concrete information before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

2. 97SLeeper

97SLeeper TYF Newbie

Name:
    Vlad
    No one in the infinite expertise can attempt to answer this? I’m open to all answers I just need to understand

3. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Not really the help you're looking for, I'm sure, but 06 Z71 ftw.

4. 97SLeeper

97SLeeper TYF Newbie

Name:
    Vlad
    I'm getting that same feeling when I look around for parts

5. R3cord303

R3cord303 Posse In Effect

Name:
    Allen
    Might see if BDS makes anything for it.

the Custom Offsets gallery on their site will have thousands of pictures to get an idea of what wheels/tires/lift to run. From their youtube videos BDS is the best bang/bug ratio with Fox shocks. Not sure what models in the NBS era came with air suspension vs which ones didn't, but avoid it. I think Z71s didn't? Not sure.

6. Tiki

Tiki Full Access Member

Name:
    Firs Jame
    20x12s will speed up the wear life on front end components, AWD would not help the situation. A clean setup would be a stock vehicle leved with some nice ATs, and you’ll keep most of the GM longevity.

Joseph Garcia and 97SLeeper like this.