A few questions on my 2024 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm just wired different I wouldn't have even signed anything until I tested everything even if it just rolled off the Assembly line, every button, feature, door, window, gizmo, test drive, check for leaks a-z and if I didn't know what it did I would have asked or read about it. Specifically checking each feature, for me that's part of taking possession. Get down the road and find out the lug nuts are loose and the wheel falls off ....... (It's happened) someone posted about it.
Then if you do find something wrong or missing you have the upper hand in getting resolved right then and there or written in the paperwork

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were several things that I wanted and were the reasons that I bought the Denali. Other than the Denali ultimate I don't think I could have gotten one with more options.. Again, as I said I have not done a deep dive into the electronics. So that is the basis of my question. Basically are there any advanced features that folks are using that might not be obvious things like cameras and cruise control.
Based on your phone choice, the wireless android auto / car play works rather well once setup.
Beyond that I haven't really found anything super useful in the wife's denali.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm just wired different I wouldn't have even signed anything until I tested everything even if it just rolled off the Assembly line, every button, feature, door, window, gizmo, test drive, check for leaks a-z and if I didn't know what it did I would have asked or read about it. Specifically checking each feature, for me that's part of taking possession. Get down the road and find out the lug nuts are loose and the wheel falls off ....... (It's happened) someone posted about it.
Then if you do find something wrong or missing you have the upper hand in getting resolved right then and there or written in the paperwork
Maybe on the first one or two; but after 'some number' the above doesn't happen anymore.
I have so many more important things to worry about; vehicles are like number 10 in my list of concerns.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe on the first one or two; but after 'some number' the above doesn't happen anymore.
I have so many more important things to worry about; vehicles are like number 10 in my list of concerns.
I will check pretty much anything I buy even if I am not going to use it right away because then later on you discover it is not working your options to return/exchange/warranty are limited or expired, vehicles are even more so a dealer will or may put you off to never if they can get away with it. Some dealers are good people some could care less once they have your money you are instantly ignorable, you signed off on it, likely without ever reading the fine print.. the fine print being less important than numbers.
you may have a option to return it in a limited period of time and/or miles with no recourse or you may not that is all in the fine print.
you might like how it looks and feels and then 2 days later discover not so much, what are my options here? oh look I had the option to return it, but now I drove it over 100 miles so now i'm stuck with it......or have to take a loss

dcyy

Reaction score
When I took delivery of my Denali I made my salesman do a walkaround and test drive and had him show/explain every function and option that came with it including new stuff my prev. Denali didn't have

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I took delivery of my Denali I made my salesman do a walkaround and test drive and had him show/explain every function and option that came with it including new stuff my prev. Denali didn't have
My salesperson did the same, but it was a bit overwhelming.. Lots of info coming at 100 miles per hour.. Plus I am used to driving an 06 suburban that has very few portions comparatively

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have said before that there is a big learning curve with these vehicles. Not at all like the old days when things were simpler or even intuitively obvious. I am older and finding out about the features and remembering them can be a challenge. I turn off the lane keeping feature and the motor shut off. You will find other threads about the retractable side steps and how (or when) the lighting comes on. I still don't have that one figured out. But in spite of any of that I do love the vehicle. "They don't make them like they used to" and I am OK with that. It's a great ride!

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery on my 2024 Denali a few months ago. It currently has 1700 miles. What mileage should I schedule my first appt for? Is that just oil? Another question. I have not really done a deep dive on what this thing has to offer me in the way of electronics. I don't really want to do the work yet to set up the rear infotainment, but are there any other options on this rig that I should be using? I really have done very little to set anything up other than what was done at the dealer. One last question. Does the park break go off automatically when I put it in reverse or drive, or do I need to turn it off?
I always change the oil at 500 miles and then 3,000 miles after that. On my first day of ownership, I permanently disabled, the daytime running lights and engine stop-start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660