A few questions on my 2024 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery on my 2024 Denali a few months ago. It currently has 1700 miles. What mileage should I schedule my first appt for? Is that just oil? Another question. I have not really done a deep dive on what this thing has to offer me in the way of electronics. I don't really want to do the work yet to set up the rear infotainment, but are there any other options on this rig that I should be using? I really have done very little to set anything up other than what was done at the dealer. One last question. Does the park break go off automatically when I put it in reverse or drive, or do I need to turn it off?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First service is an oil change and multi-point inspection. As far as when to do the first oil change, that becomes a political debate. Everyone has their opinion. Do what you feel is best.

In the infotainment, go to Settings -> Vehicle and scroll through the list one by one. See what your options are and whether you want them to be on or off. You'll probably have a handful more options on your Denali than my SLE, but overall the options are pretty limited.

Parking brake sets automatically whenever the vehicle is put in park and not on level ground. Once you touch the gas pedal, it releases automatically.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First service is an oil change and multi-point inspection. As far as when to do the first oil change, that becomes a political debate. Everyone has their opinion. Do what you feel is best.

In the infotainment, go to Settings -> Vehicle and scroll through the list one by one. See what your options are and whether you want them to be on or off. You'll probably have a handful more options on your Denali than my SLE, but overall the options are pretty limited.

Parking brake sets automatically whenever the vehicle is put in park and not on level ground. Once you touch the gas pedal, it releases automatically.
thanks

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I have a 23' and my dealer scheduled us for a 3k break in service. It was free, so I did it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, this sounds like walking on to a car lot, put a blind fold on and spin me around a few times and I will just take whatever I am pointed at haha
but seriously, there was no research done on what vehicle trim you wanted or options?
just take one and hope for the best?
yes i'm being facetious, but the owners manual is online to peruse every possible feature a vehicle might have.
I couldn't do it, I would be severely dissapointed if I found out that I could have had a feature for a few bucks more or a feature I don't like.
1700 miles later, hey what's this thing do after all? lol
sorry couldn't help it

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, this sounds like walking on to a car lot, put a blind fold on and spin me around a few times and I will just take whatever I am pointed at haha
but seriously, there was no research done on what vehicle trim you wanted or options?
just take one and hope for the best?
yes i'm being facetious, but the owners manual is online to peruse every possible feature a vehicle might have.
I couldn't do it, I would be severely dissapointed if I found out that I could have had a feature for a few bucks more or a feature I don't like.
1700 miles later, hey what's this thing do after all? lol
sorry couldn't help it
There were several things that I wanted and were the reasons that I bought the Denali. Other than the Denali ultimate I don't think I could have gotten one with more options.. Again, as I said I have not done a deep dive into the electronics. So that is the basis of my question. Basically are there any advanced features that folks are using that might not be obvious things like cameras and cruise control.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to download the owner's manual, and read a chapter of it a night. You will become familiar w/ all your rig has to offer and even find a few things you haven't discovered yet...I may be one of the few that does this, but I have never purchased a new vehidle where I failed to read the owner's manual, cover to cover. I always find a feature (or ten) that I wouldn't even know I had if I hadn't read the book.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to download the owner's manual, and read a chapter of it a night. You will become familiar w/ all your rig has to offer and even find a few things you haven't discovered yet...I may be one of the few that does this, but I have never purchased a new vehidle where I failed to read the owner's manual, cover to cover. I always find a feature (or ten) that I wouldn't even know I had if I hadn't read the book.
that is good advice I will do that

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to read the owners manual! I bought my Rivian, and am doing everything trial by fire! (Of course, I watched a LOT of videos too)

Like I didnt know I could vent all the windows, or roll up the windows thru my app.. Until today!

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to read the owners manual! I bought my Rivian, and am doing everything trial by fire! (Of course, I watched a LOT of videos too)

Like I didnt know I could vent all the windows, or roll up the windows thru my app.. Until today!
Humble brag lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts