Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgraves

Reaction score
Now that I have some space in the garage, I'm going to see if my spare wheel will fit, or will I need to shave off more inner bumper to make it fit. I'm currently running 33's, but I wanted to go with 35 Gladiator X-Comp M/T's, which I currently have one fitted on my spare wheel. My current stance is 6'6", which is enough to clear most parking structures, but I really like the look of the Gladiators.
Although almost completely opposite of my build, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Your previous build posts were very helpful in highlighting areas I had to watch for clearance with my quest for almost 35's (315/70R17).

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although almost completely opposite of my build, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Your previous build posts were very helpful in highlighting areas I had to watch for clearance with my quest for almost 35's (315/70R17).
I've had my 24x14 setup for 8 months now and haven't had any issues with the camber or alignment. In the beginning, I thought there would gradually be some slight bowing of the suspension over time because of the -76 offset, but no, it's still running strong and without any issues. If anything, I'm trying the 35's out of appearance rather than a necessity.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 24x14 setup for 8 months now and haven't had any issues with the camber or alignment. In the beginning, I thought there would gradually be some slight bowing of the suspension over time because of the -76 offset, but no, it's still running strong and without any issues. If anything, I'm trying the 35's out of appearance rather than a necessity.
Please get some pics of what your wheel wells look like after the trimming, it’s remarkable you could get that kind of offset working on a 3” lift with 33’s let alone 35’s. I give you a lot of credit, this has to be a lot of work!

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please get some pics of what your wheel wells look like after the trimming, it’s remarkable you could get that kind of offset working on a 3” lift with 33’s let alone 35’s. I give you a lot of credit, this has to be a lot of
It really didn't take much effort to make them fit. There was a lot of non-visible plastic material shaved off from the inner front bumper to maintain my turning radius, but it's behind the fender liner, so you wouldn't see it anyway. After that, I pushed back the liner further back and zip tied it.

As for behind the wheel near the doors, about an inch of the outer sheet metal was shaved off, and a bolted metal bracket was also removed. Attaching the inner liner was a little more challenging to attach, but I made it work. Lastly, the power running board was moved back two inches to eliminate any further rubbing.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but performance-wise, it handles remarkably well on the road for an SUV, and has a very solid feel behind the steering wheel. The wider tires and stance also help tremendously with the braking (I upgraded to 8-pot Brembos) and cornering, and I've had zero issues with any rock chips on the paint. I occasionally get tire gel "sling" on the paint after detailing the wheels, but it's extremely minor now that I've switched to the foam tire detailer...

When it comes to curbs, I was initially paranoid about curb rash but I've grown accustomed to my boundaries. I've equipped two small blind spot mirrors on my side view mirrors and positioned them to view each rear wheel. This helps if I cut a corner too short, or with parallel parking - which hasn't been a problem either.

If I had the choice to do it all over again, I wouldn't hesitate.

20220713_112746.jpg20220713_114234.jpg20220713_120312.jpg20220713_125645.jpg20220713_112752.jpg
20220713_112752.jpg

Last edited:

jgraves

Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't rub the frame behind the tire. That was my concern that pushed me to +18ET vs 0ET. It will definitely be an area to watch when you test fit your 35's.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘22 z71 has AC lines at the back of the front passenger side wheel well too, just above the frame. Something else to keep an eye on.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't rub the frame behind the tire. That was my concern that pushed me to +18ET vs 0ET. It will definitely be an area to watch when you test fit your 35's.
I have no tire rubbing whatsoever in the rear area with the 33's. In the first picture, I removed that black metal plate with that bluish clip, so I have another 2 to 3 inches of space back there. Still, it'll be something to look out for once I test fit it - which will be sometime this month.

denalijoe415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just mounted 295/50/22 BFG’s on stock wheels. SuspensionMaxx leveling kit and only used 2 inches of the 2.5 available. Rear is stock.

Running into issues with run at slight turn when in reverse, almost to the point where it rubs on the running boards. Looked fine at tire shop. Might have to go back to 285/45/22 or bring the front up a bit.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4290.jpeg
    IMG_4290.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics