Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LTZ with the Z55 suspension. I plan on replacing the shocks soon, am I able to put a leveling kit in with the OEM shocks?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia. I’m on the lowered side of the street but I believe you can. Folks with solid knowledge will chime in.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
If you want to lift the front there are a few shocks out there that will give you a better ride and a lift / level at the same time.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and there are many options... above the strut, below or new struts all together... how much do you want to spend is what you need to know.

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes and there are many options... above the strut, below or new struts all together... how much do you want to spend is what you need to know.
Well I’m replacing the front struts. They are electric and I don’t want them to light up my dashboard like the 4th of July. I am after a real smooth comfortable ride, but would like the front leveled with the rear.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I have Kings on mine and they are great but if you want to spend less Fox has a few lift struts too.. If you are not as worried about a much better ride there are much cheaper alternatives like Bilstiens, Rough country, Ranchos most of them will work better than stock and if most of your driving is on pavement they will do just fine. Be sure to check compatibility with your truck.

OP
OP
Peter Nelson

Peter Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Kings on mine and they are great but if you want to spend less Fox has a few lift struts too.. If you are not as worried about a much better ride there are much cheaper alternatives like Bilstiens, Rough country, Ranchos most of them will work better than stock and if most of your driving is on pavement they will do just fine. Be sure to check compatibility with your truck.
Well I was looking at arnott shocks because I’m not looking to go crazy right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96