Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks James, They do look good but, I see what you mean they are not slider strong but, they would give better protection than nothing. I have the automatic ones on mine now and my wife loves them. So I might have to make something that will be strong enough hitting big rocks and still have an auto step in it.

What auto ones do you have? Are you happy with them also? I'd like to check those out too.

Daryle Cooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to join this post as its seems to be almost the same question i have. The z55 is the automatic ride suspension? I'm new to these suvs, so if I'm wrong please correct me. I want to add a leveling kit as well ,but i don't want to mess up the ride quality. Will a leveling kit, or a 2inch spacer kit trigger the dash lights? I read somewhere that it does. ??

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not big on raising but I wouldn’t imagine that any lights will come on by adding spacers. Have you considered dropping the rear instead?

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to join this post as its seems to be almost the same question i have. The z55 is the automatic ride suspension? I'm new to these suvs, so if I'm wrong please correct me. I want to add a leveling kit as well ,but i don't want to mess up the ride quality. Will a leveling kit, or a 2inch spacer kit trigger the dash lights? I read somewhere that it does. ??

It doesn't on mine although I don't have the auto leveling suspension of course. I'm not sure if it will on yours. What year and model do you have? My ride quality was improved greatly by switching out to the Fox shocks which also level out the suspension. The Z71's come with Rancho shocks too which are already upgraded from stock but these Fox shocks are so much better. I only put the 2" spacer in the rear so I can still get a little forward rake and to help the rear when i'm towing and not blind people on the road.

Daryle Cooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually need to fit some tires and rims i got for free, so i need a little lift and a little metal work. I have a 2009 Denali

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the wheel offset you shouldn’t have much if any metal rubbing but may need to pull the liner back. Do you know the offset or can you post a picture? I’m guessing you tried them and had rubbing? Mine are 305/40/22 but I’m lowered a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14