Level/Lower Question w pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

esoteric_ast

Reaction score
Bought this 2014 2wd Tahoe LT few weeks back and want to replace wheels and tires and drop slightly. The issue I have is with the leveled look. I cant for the life of me find a leveling kit. Afraid if I drop 2/3 the rear will sit lower than the front. It almost looks that way from time to time already lol. Here are some pics for you eagle eyes. Thoughts?

IMG_2443.jpg
IMG_2504.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_2509.jpg
IMG_2510.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have to look at a known stock one to know for sure, but is the top of the strut not all the way up in the frame cup as if there's a spacer up there? If so, then removing this will drop the front about twice what the thickness of the spacer is. I don't see one of these rigs sitting that level/high in the front with no modifications.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
354CBF34-70D7-4636-AB7B-1F6E1D23B32A.jpeg Same here. Either there’s a spacer up front or the rear has shorter coils. If you get it back to oe the 2/3 drop makes the rear look slightly taller this isn’t a great picture but it has 2/3

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It sure looks like that truck has been leveled to me. I'm betting with @iamdub here. There's a spacer on the front struts somewhere. Looks to be at the top.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought this 2014 2wd Tahoe LT few weeks back and want to replace wheels and tires and drop slightly. The issue I have is with the leveled look. I cant for the life of me find a leveling kit. Afraid if I drop 2/3 the rear will sit lower than the front. It almost looks that way from time to time already lol. Here are some pics for you eagle eyes. Thoughts?

View attachment 226145
View attachment 226146
View attachment 226147
View attachment 226148
View attachment 226149

Man what a beauty!!! And CLEAN! Wish mine was 2WD!

OP
OP
esoteric_ast

esoteric_ast

Reaction score
I'd have to look at a known stock one to know for sure, but is the top of the strut not all the way up in the frame cup as if there's a spacer up there? If so, then removing this will drop the front about twice what the thickness of the spacer is. I don't see one of these rigs sitting that level/high in the front with no modifications.

I will take a look and see if I can get a pic or two.

Man what a beauty!!! And CLEAN! Wish mine was 2WD!

Thanks. It was garage kept! interior is immaculate as well with just the standard dash pad crack lol.

OP
OP
esoteric_ast

esoteric_ast

Reaction score
Nothing in the rear for sure...

IMG_2817.jpg
IMG_2820.jpg

Can't make out anything on the top of the strut. I will have to drop it and see..

IMG_2827.jpg
IMG_2828.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're looking right at your lift spacer. In the pic, from bottom going up, you have the spring coil, the lip of the rubber isolator bushing (with the tiny cracks in it), the sloped piece with the triangular notch in it towards the right of the pic, the top plate of the strut with the notch in it towards the left of the pic, then the lift spacer on top of that. The top plate would normally be all the way up inside that cup and bolted. That spacer looks to be about 1" thick, meaning it's a 2" lift spacer.

This is what the top plate of the strut looks like. Also, the center stud of the strut would be sticking up through that hole in the frame. You can see the lift spacer in your pic of the top of the frame with the three studs and nuts that have obviously been wrenched on at some point, such as during the installation of that spacer.

sm5530_6.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yup lift spacer in front. take spacer out and will be good to go to lower. I also offer the lowering kits

OP
OP
esoteric_ast

esoteric_ast

Reaction score
You're looking right at your lift spacer. In the pic, from bottom going up, you have the spring coil, the lip of the rubber isolator bushing (with the tiny cracks in it), the sloped piece with the triangular notch in it towards the right of the pic, the top plate of the strut with the notch in it towards the left of the pic, then the lift spacer on top of that. The top plate would normally be all the way up inside that cup and bolted. That spacer looks to be about 1" thick, meaning it's a 2" lift spacer.

This is what the top plate of the strut looks like. Also, the center stud of the strut would be sticking up through that hole in the frame. You can see the lift spacer in your pic of the top of the frame with the three studs and nuts that have obviously been wrenched on at some point, such as during the installation of that spacer.

sm5530_6.jpg

Wow. That part looked completely stock to me. I was looking for a piece of billet aluminum or similar. Thanks so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645