Left turn, no signal cancel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSword

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a little advice on my 1999 Tahoe.

When taking a left turn, the turn signal does not cancel on it's own, most times. Some times, but rarely. Right turns are not a problem.

Is that a problem with the multifunction stalk or a some kind of rotating assembly trigger for the multifunction stalk?

I'll do the repair myself, but was hoping to avoid ordering the wrong or unnecessary parts. Thanks in advance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I believe that your model year uses a flasher unit for the directionals. I would suggesting replacing the flasher first, as it is readily accessible and is inexpensive. If this replacement does not resolve your issue, then I would suggest that the multifunction unit probably is the source of your issue.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wires going into the turn signal bulb socket on the back of the turn signal lense and make sure the wiring is not chafed or exposed. I had an exposed wire last year that would short out and then cause the right turn signal arrow in cluster and the LED arrow in my side view mirror to stay dimly lit and not turn off while driving. I replaced the multifunction stalk switch on my column and it didn’t solve the problem. Which is what led me to inspect wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros